FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Download with Firefox

kokziwen
Why my file often corrupted if I download it with Firefox browser?
And it also stop automatically when the downlaod has not complete?
bananaphone
Depends - try another browser - if it works (no corruption) then I have no idea. If the file is corrupted on another browser, then try a different source.

Otherwise - no idea.
mwm
Kind of sounds like connectivity issues. You say sometimes the downlaod just stops. Other times complete downloads are corrupted... If the connection is breaking up or is unsteady in some way your downloads will and and some may get corrupted. I'd start with a connection verification.

-mwm
ddfreaks
but if the connection stops you can still go on downloading. when you have your connection back.
TheGeek
you could try messing with the download settings in about:config, but if your not experience with modifying the values then i would just say try re-installing firefox.
cheeta
if u r downloading large amount of data with slower connection... then FF can get ur data corupted... use download manager for large amount of data...

& also use the most up2date FF... http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

also what kind of FF extention u r running??
technology.sponge
it mite b becus of a dodgy internet connection
try the file on a different pc and browser, if its still coruppted, its prolly the web servers fault

it is a good idea to use a download manager especially for large files; u can pick up where u left off

also, check to see if the file is available P2P as most clients hav sum from of hash checking built in e.g. md5, checksum, etc.
EVILSKAAP
technology.sponge wrote:
it mite b becus of a dodgy internet connection
try the file on a different pc and browser, if its still coruppted, its prolly the web servers fault

it is a good idea to use a download manager especially for large files; u can pick up where u left off
HEY doesnt FF HAVE its own download manager that lets you continiue after you stopped it? Anyway get FRESHdownload its free,atleast last time i checked!
DJHicks
not more FF problems.... wen are people gonna learn! Laughing Laughing
n0xvb
DJHicks wrote:
not more FF problems.... wen are people gonna learn! Laughing Laughing

No kidding, but look at the alternative... IE??? Shocked
Anthony123
Quote:
No kidding, but look at the alternative... IE???

IE is much worse than FF...... coz the settings are all over and hard to find..... beside tat when u put an image wif width 99999 and height 99999 in IE..... it cant handle and cause the computer to break down....... FF has a better quality.....