FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hello everyone!

Kelton2
Just got to frihost through Google. Looks like a nice place, and I think I will want to post on it. I have some questions about the TOS though, but I'll PM those to a admin/mod if there are any active.

Also, why do you guys still use phpBB2? It has more exploits than...... something with a lot of exploits.
SonLight
Hello and welcome to Frihost. Yes the old PHPbb2 is a little long in the tooth, but it workds well with the custom code which has been added. Unfortunately the changes don't port easily and there's little incentive to do a major rewrite. The hosting has been quite good for a number of years though.

I look forward to seeing you around the forum, and I hope you will try out the hosting.
zacky
Kelton2 wrote:
I have some questions about the TOS though

You can as well post it in General Chat forum category if you feel like everybody will be benefited from it.
deanhills
Kelton2 wrote:

Also, why do you guys still use phpBB2? It has more exploits than...... something with a lot of exploits.
This phpBB is a built up version with plenty of added features that have been hand coded personally by Bondings. Would take ages for Bondings to upgrade all of it to a next version of phpBB. On the one hand I agree with the exploits, but on the other hand if one compared all the potential exploits from the new bells and whistles of the up to date version of phpBB with the simplicity of the current Frihost version of phpBB, then maybe the Frihost one is safer?
Ankhanu
Welcome.
Ask away with your questions Smile
dxverm
Welcome to Frihost! Hope you enjoy it here, and yes I agree that phpbb here is very insecure, but I guess until it becomes a problem then it will stay this way until the admin decided to make changes.
langleyjeffrey
Hello all fellow members my name is Langley Jeffrey I am from Florida, USA and a new member of this informative community.
shtuffandthings
Hello,
Welcome to the forum.