FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Arua Designs

RoylanM
I finally got my portfolio site up on frihost now I just need to add some of my projects to my portfolio.

http://aruadesigns.ml

Feedback/Comments on how I can improve it are welcome
dxverm
Can't wait to get home and check this out tonight! I'll let you know what I think by PM.
watersoul
Site looks lovely, but why did you go for the .ml (Mali) country code?
aruadesigns.com is available and the .net, .biz, .info - If it's a cash thing just pm me and I'll be happy to donate 300 coins to see if Bondings will consider giving you a domain voucher?

As I said, lovely looking site as far as I can see, I'd be gutted for you if someone stole the .com I think it really deserves Smile
KneeDeep
That's a really nice minimalist design, and it seems to adhere to the outlay of modern operating systems. It is pleasing to the eye and friendly to the browser. Your connect with us links have nothing, but I assume this is a prototype so that can come during later polish. Overall nicely done.
RoylanM
Thanks for the comments so far, I tend on fixing the menu and the buttons after I finish my next design. As for the domain I will get it changed a bit later.
watersoul
RoylanM wrote:
As for the domain I will get it changed a bit later.
Good idea, I'm only concerned for you because when I set my business website up on a .co.uk domain 3-4 years ago, some sly bastard bought the .com a fortnight later and it's still on sale for $3000 right now.

They can keep it for that price, searching just the business name my site comes top in Google, and I only trade in the UK so the .co.uk is good enough for me Wink
dxverm
I really like this design as well, it is very modern and aesthetically pleasing! I think it inspires me to go home and try to mock a new template out on my new tablet!
boinsterman
I found it aesthetically pleasing in an oriental fashion. I'm no guru on good taste, but I do like it.

There are still some bugs to work out, obviously. I my browser (Opera 12.16 for Windows XP), some of the pages were too wide for my browser, even in fullscreen mode.

While I like the falling snow effect, the pages proved cumbersome for my (older and slower) computer. If you find that your audience uses such computers, you might consider an repeating animated gif in the background of a div panel which is the size of the page.
deanhills
I like it too. Great font and I like the tree. I'm all for minimalist and simplicity myself. Just wonder, should the tree be a bit taller and larger for greater balance?
RoylanM
Thanks for the feedback so far, when I finish all my client work I'll be sure to take account of all the things said. If you're using an old computer then it's probably a screen resolution problem. I'll try to make it work for all browsers but somethings I can't fix.