FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Victim of advertising!

watersoul
I'm ashamed to say I got sucked into one TV ad this year, Charlize Theron for Dior with the music and lyrics of Gossip 'Heavy Cross' in the background.
Quite a favourite voice to me is Beth Ditto from Gossip and the words of the track tally well with a certain perfect blonde beautiful friend of mine, who I bought the Dior perfume for this week.
I absolutely recognise my weakness as a consumer but I also smile at the composition of imagery and music attached to the product by the ad team Wink

Quote:
"Heavy Cross"

ooohh oh ooooh, oh oh oh ohhh
ooohh oh ooooh, oh oh oh ohhh

It's a cruel cruel world, to face on your own,
A heavy cross, to carry along,
The lights are on, but everyone's gone,
And it's cruel

It's a funny way, to make ends meet,
when the lights are out on every street,
It feels alright, but never complete,
without joy,

I checked you, if it's already been done, undo it,
It takes two, it's up to me and you, to prove it,
On the rainy nights, even the coldest days,
you're moments ago, but seconds away,
The principal of nature, it's true but, it's a cruel world,

ooooh oooh oohh, ooh ooh oooh ooh, ooo wooah

We can play it safe, or play it cool,
follow the leader, or make up all the rules,
whatever you want, the choice is yours,
So choose,

ei ei ei ei ei, oh oh oh oh oh, ye oh oh,
ei ei ei ei ei, oh oh oh oh oh, ye eh, ye eh, ye eh,

I just knew, it's already been done, undo it,

ei ei ei, woah wo, yeah eh
ei ei ei ei ei, oh oh oh oh oh, ye eh, ye eh, ye eh,

ei ei ei ei ei, oh oh oh oh oh, ye oh oh,
ei ei ei, oh oh oh oh oh, ye eh, ye eh, ye eh,

I just knew
standready
That ad works well on both sides of the pond. I hope your friend likes the perfume.
deanhills
Charlize Theron rocks in that ad as well. That woman certainly has a style of her own. Great ad that. Sort of a winner all round. Cool
watersoul
standready wrote:
That ad works well on both sides of the pond. I hope your friend likes the perfume.
Same ad on your TV this year as well then haha, I wonder how many millions of bottles Dior managed to shift because of it. Oh, and my friend loved it thanks, she's the same age as Charlize Theron so with her blonde hair and looks she would definitely carry off that sparkly gold dress as well as her!

deanhills wrote:
Charlize Theron rocks in that ad as well. That woman certainly has a style of her own. Great ad that. Sort of a winner all round. Cool
She is what I would class as a honey for sure, absolutely Wink
...wonder how much Dior paid her for that ad, because that's what sold it for me, I didn't even smell it first! Thought I was immune to being brainwashed by advertising, guess I was wrong Shocked
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
...wonder how much Dior paid her for that ad, because that's what sold it for me, I didn't even smell it first! Thought I was immune to being brainwashed by advertising, guess I was wrong Shocked
True, now that you mention it, I didn't think perfume at all. Just class. And trying to figure out what the ad was trying to do with combining her with the likes of "Princess" Grace and Marilyn Munroe.
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
watersoul wrote:
True, now that you mention it, I didn't think perfume at all. Just class. And trying to figure out what the ad was trying to do with combining her with the likes of "Princess" Grace and Marilyn Munroe.
I'd still share a moment with Charlize though, regardless of the contrived nature of the ad world
...and my certain beautiful blonde friend is smelling lovely Wink
TheGremlyn
I am semi tempted to see is any nearby stores carry that perfume. I don't wear perfume, I'm more of a body spray person. I had a bottle of a perfume ages ago and I used it every day for a long time but I still had a lot of it left. I'm a believer in the "a little goes a long way" thing. I wish other people felt that way!

The ad was pretty good. I'm more amused that she was in a bit of a rush to get there, walks in and just takes off her jacket (apparently she wasn't wearing anything under it!). I'm probably going to check out that artists, it was a catchy tune.
watersoul
Beth Ditto, Gossip, ohmygosh if her visual appearence = her voice I would love her forever! Wink

*edit* Sorry for my poorly explained reference to looks while considering a beautiful voice...posting from my phone ..I'll explain myself when i'm at a keyboard next Wink

*Edit*
At a keyboard now, I totally love Beth's voice but visually I am not attracted to her in any way.
I'm not a shallow person who judges people solely on their looks but, like everyone, I have my own certain category of visual image which is unique to my own preferences. Her voice and energy is 10 out of 10 in my book and if she scored the same in my 'looks' vote she would be perfection in my mind!
If Charlize Theron had Beth's singing voice...ohmygosh!! Wink