FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is your favorite winter drink

standready
To follow up on the favorite summer drink -> http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-152718.html
What is your favorite winter drink.
Mine would be hot chocolate with gingerbread spiced rum in it for a kick.
What is yours?
deanhills
standready wrote:

What is yours?
WOW! That sounds AWESOME! How do you make it?

Mine is pretty boring. Coffee with Original Baileys.
zacky
Well for me will goes same with standready but with few variation. My family is based from Spain and mostly we inherit some of the traditions of the family in everything and one of them is food and drinks.

Every cold season, even rainy days, we tend to do some pure Cocoa hot Chocolate with no add ons like sugar or whatever as my grand father believes it is healthier than adding some couple of sugar. Then instead of ginger bread, we used to pair it with so called "Pandesal" bread. It has plain taste with no other seasoning. So maybe as you reading this you may think my family and myself likes plain taste with no extra seasonings or whatever and yes you are correct.
Blaster
I'm from Pennsylvania so I have to go with Yuengling as my favorite winter beverage (alcoholic)

As for non alcoholic its defiantly Hot Chocolate.
oliviafoster01
Pumpkin pie smoothie ( prepared from pumpkin, milk, yogurt, sugar ) is my favorite winter drink.
Aliciawillems
Great i like winter weather so much ...and also enjoyed this weather with my favorite coffee ..Cranberry and Spice Tea is Perfect for revelers of all ages, this lightly sweet herbal tea goes well with cookies and other desserts
amagard
Glühwein (Mulled Wine). Or even better: Feuerzangenbowle, in English language known as Feuerzangenbowle, as it is a traditional German alcoholic drink, made with red wine, orange juice, sugar, rum, cinnamon and probably some other spices. Yummy !
What sounds like a dangerous mix probably is, nevertheless I try it once a year together with some friends and it tastes great and doesn't make me feel that bad afterwards or the next day. We use to consume it outside and it has to be quiet cold outside to make that drink taste (and feel) good.
Below is one of my photos from last year showing the leftovers from our last Feuerzangenbowle party:
jackbreat
I love winter season..i would like to prefer hot chocolate Coffee and hot mulled apple Juice.
Bluedoll
This year it is coffee. It could be Tim Horton coffee or maybe Starbucks. As longs as it is fresh with lots of caffeine in it. I just make sure that I don't over indulge. Last year it was tea but do like hot coco with real milk and a little cream, heavenly.
chartcentral
My favorite winter drink would have to be some drink that would keep me warm. Strong contenders are coffee, hot chocolate or even hot calamansi juice. Smile
Deline
Well, it's summer in Brazil, but in the winter I like to drink Cappuccinos and coffee...Sometimes, a little chocolate Wink
standready
deanhills wrote:
standready wrote:

What is yours?
WOW! That sounds AWESOME! How do you make it?

Mine is pretty boring. Coffee with Original Baileys.

Kahlua offers a gingerbread flavored rum and coffee liqueur so I just add to hot chocolate.

Blaster wrote:
I'm from Pennsylvania so I have to go with Yuengling as my favorite winter beverage (alcoholic)

Well darn, Blaster, Yuengling not available here. Summer road trip!!
Nick2008
Hot cocoa and coffee! Starbucks is pretty good but nothing beats a local coffee shop.
carleyadriana
Christmas Rum Punch i really like in winter
Pippo90
Hot chocolate.
kevinwade01
In winter i really liked Pumpkin Spice Latte to drink
coolclay
While I agree with Blaster, Yuengling is good any time of the year. But for a cold winter day nothing beats mulled mead (honey wine)!
playfungames
Well, I am a simple guy and I prefer these drinks for winter.

Soft Drink: Coffee without milk.
Hard Drink: Rum Punch with 75% RUM and the rest to make it taste better.
rx9876
My family drink ginger black tea in cold winter.
Ginger black tea has a spicy, invigorating taste.
It's used as a home remedy for indigestion, nausea, and to ward off colds, flu, and sore throats.

We don't peel the ginger root, and just wash it carefully,
then use a juicer or other stuffs that can grind the ginger root into a soft pulp.
Bring the water to a boil in a slow cooker or pressure cooker.
Once it is boiling, add the ginger pulp and black tea leaves, and wait for it boiled again.
Cover it and wait for two hours.

Ginger black tea makes people feel better in a cold winter, especially now.
spinout
Mine is ice cold soda, called sprite... basically a lemonade.
BrightSparx
Iv just got myself some crembrule (don't think that's spelt correctly) hot chocolate, it's absolutely amazing even though I don't like crembrule! In fact, I'm going to make myself one now just because i can, it's low calorie too!
sonam
If is cold I like to drink couple of mulled wine. Of course this is an extra couple on the three couples of coffee. Wink

Sonam
jamesparker
I would like to have Tea and coffee
cabenqc
Hot soup such as cream of leek, pumpkin
Blaster
Standready I can't believe you don't have Yuengling out there in Indiana. Have you ever had it?
sysna
Hot Chocolate is my favorite winter drink, but coffee always is the best daily drink.
deanhills
I haven't had hot chocolate for ages. Probably because they don't make them as good here where I am as in Canada. Or maybe I haven't looked hard enough for the best one in the UAE. Here they tend to be much too thick, almost like thick gruel with sediment in it .... too much powder. I don't mind thick, but because of the richness in the milk, not an overload of thickener in the powder.
standready
Blaster wrote:
Standready I can't believe you don't have Yuengling out there in Indiana. Have you ever had it?

No I have never had a Yuengling. The beer finder on their website does not show anyone carrying it within 100 miles. You need to send me a sampler 6 pack! laugh!
Blaster
standready wrote:
Blaster wrote:

No I have never had a Yuengling. The beer finder on their website does not show anyone carrying it within 100 miles. You need to send me a sampler 6 pack! laugh!

Well that sucks. Its a great beer. If you're even in the area I'll have to buy you one.
fuzzkaizer
hot chocolate an coffee for me is for all seasons quite a favorite,
but especially in winter i prefer different sorts of tea, with a slight emphasis on herbal teas and green tea...
the great thing about tea is that you can drink a lot of it, so when it is cold in winter, you can drink a lot of tea, which helps to keep you warm.
steeve
My favorite winter drink is Hot Coffee.
spinout
coca cola and vermouth... hehe
deanhills
spinout wrote:
coca cola and vermouth... hehe
Laughing

Sounds as bad as coca cola and whiskey.

I like things neat with plenty of ice in it. For whiskey I have a little bit of soda water.

My favourite drink in winter if it is REAL winter probably is hot chocolate.
Lolswagg2019
It's the chocolate coffee !
CreativeVeganCooking
My two favorite winter beverages are hot carob (like hot chocolate) and alcohol-free glögg (Scandinavian mulled wine beverage – you can get an alcohol-free version). If you ever want to try glögg, here is a recipe that I use:

Glögg (Scandinavian Christmas Beverage)

Yields: 4 c.

Ingredients:
2 c. apple juice
2 c. grape juice

1 Tbsp. lemon juice

4 to 6 Tbsp. sugar

1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon

4 whole cloves

blanched almonds

raisins

1. Mix juices (apple, grape, and lemon) and sugar. Tie cinnamon and cloves in a cotton cloth and put in juice.
2. Heat juice until hot but not boiling. Allow seasoning bundle to soak a little; then remove it.
3. Serve gløgg hot with raisins and blanched almonds in each cup. Provide teaspoons.
kaysch
standready wrote:
To follow up on the favorite summer drink -> http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-152718.html
What is your favorite winter drink.
What is yours?

Still water
diet coca cola
fruit juices
hot chocolate
and if it's really cold and if I am outdoors: hot wine with spices which is a local speciality around here and which you can buy on Christmas markets in town
RosenCruz
Beer is my favourite drink for all seasons

tonberry
My favorite drink has some alcohol in it Very Happy

But seriously no, I'm a sissy. I like to get drunk without having to feel like I'm on the way of the cross. So all the female drinks that mask the smell and taste of alcohol are my favorite.

Usually though, it's vodka+coca cola/sprite, because I value getting drunk more than getting motivated and creative.

If I'd have to name one drink though, it would probably be White Russian. Because it tastes great, because Lebowski drinks it and because there is a killer cannabis strain that also goes by this name.
pravojednostavno
amagard wrote:
Glühwein (Mulled Wine). Or even better: Feuerzangenbowle, in English language known as Feuerzangenbowle, as it is a traditional German alcoholic drink, made with red wine, orange juice, sugar, rum, cinnamon and probably some other spices. Yummy !
What sounds like a dangerous mix probably is, nevertheless I try it once a year together with some friends and it tastes great and doesn't make me feel that bad afterwards or the next day. We use to consume it outside and it has to be quiet cold outside to make that drink taste (and feel) good.
Below is one of my photos from last year showing the leftovers from our last Feuerzangenbowle party:

Definitely Glühwein (Mulled Wine).
sudipbanerjee
Coffee with milk and sugar.
Adalew
well, it is milk
steeve
I like to drink hot coffee in the winter...
RosenCruz
Same thing this winter.

BEER Wink
Afaceinthematrix
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale

Just looking at the photos makes me wish that it was cold outside and I was able to stay inside and enjoy this.
https://www.google.com/search?q=sierra+nevada+celebration&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=sb&biw=1366&bih=626&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0C4_VJGmO5WsyATdnYGICQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ
RosenCruz
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale

Just looking at the photos makes me wish that it was cold outside and I was able to stay inside and enjoy this.
https://www.google.com/search?q=sierra+nevada+celebration&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=sb&biw=1366&bih=626&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0C4_VJGmO5WsyATdnYGICQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ

Nice. Here I have tried Samuel Adams Boston Lager, imported from US. You guys have good beers. Beer is expensive and less options to choose from. Damn Mad
loveandormoney
Lemon tea.
Afaceinthematrix
RosenCruz wrote:
Nice. Here I have tried Samuel Adams Boston Lager, imported from US. You guys have good beers. Beer is expensive and less options to choose from. Damn :x

The U.S. does have AMAZING beer - if you know what to drink. We have 2,800 breweries in the U.S. Many of them brew 5+ beers and there are even a few that brew 50+ beers. Therefore, we easily have far more than 10,000 different beers to choose from! Some of my favorite breweries are Dogfish Head (their 90 Minute IPA is good) and Stone Brewery (I'm from Southern California and so I'm required to love Stone). But beer is expensive here.

I do like some of Samuel Adam's beer (such as their Boston Lager and Winter Lager).
Gwentichie
Capuchino, I am crazy with it