FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Root android phone?

bogisha
Hello guys,
I have a low budget android smarphone Huawei Ascend Y100 (H8185) with android 2.3.6 operating system. Because it has low memory I need it rooted.
I searched through google and found numerous guides but nothing seams to work for me or I do something wrong. Does anyone knows method which can help me?
Thanks!
cybersa
Try this guide to root your phone.
Note:This may void your warranty.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2118463

If you have any doubt,post here i will help you. Wink
riteshk1
Just google it you will get better result from there
badai
riteshk1 wrote:
Just google it you will get better result from there

did you even read what he wrote?

Quote:
I searched through google and found numerous guides but nothing seams to work for me or I do something wrong.
SonLight
I located what appears to be the original blog post mentioned in the instructions:

http://smodavproductions.blogspot.com/p/rooting-huawei-ideos-u8185-ascend-y100.html

I wondered how someone can be confident that a file like this will work properly and doesn't contain malware. I suppose having two sites vouch for it is a help, provided you verify that the links are the same or the files are identical.
Marcuzzo
easy, you can't.

as soon as you install/use something that doesn't come from the manufacturers website you are at risk of becoming a victim.

Rooting a droid is easy.
most applications out there, like superoneclick, are just frontends. they just put the files in the right place and execute the needed commands, that's it.

all you need is a USB cable, the propper USB driver for your phone, the ADB executable(s) that are available in the android SDK and an exploit.
for my old phone ( LG optimus one ) I used psneuter ( search on google )

connect to your droid with the adb shell, push the exploit to it, make it executable, run it...
push busybox and superuser.apk, reboot and you've got a rooted droid.

keep it in mind that the Phone now has a way to do stuff in superuser mode and that this can be exploited by mallware sooner or later.