FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Site (Server 1) constantly down. Account suspended?

LostOverThere
Hi,

I've noticed these past few weeks that my site (http://cheesegames.frihost.net) has been constantly down. Yet, my account info here on Frihost reads that I'm currently been hosted.

As you can see, I'm currently in some very negative points due to some inactivity at the start of the year which I'm actively trying to work out of.

Just wanted to know if my site was down due to forum inactivity here or for some other reason.

Cheers.

EDIT: For some reason, at the time of posting this, it's up again. I assure you, it's been down for the past few weeks though. Hmm...
cybersa
LostOverThere wrote:
Hi,

I've noticed these past few weeks that my site (http://cheesegames.frihost.net) has been constantly down. Yet, my account info here on Frihost reads that I'm currently been hosted.

As you can see, I'm currently in some very negative points due to some inactivity at the start of the year which I'm actively trying to work out of.

Just wanted to know if my site was down due to forum inactivity here or for some other reason.

Cheers.

EDIT: For some reason, at the time of posting this, it's up again. I assure you, it's been down for the past few weeks though. Hmm...

It is working well.
Increase your Points else your website will be suspended in future.

You can see the status of server from here:
http://fh.info.tm/
deanhills
LostOverThere wrote:
Hi,

Cheers.

You're right Lost. We've been down quite regularly on Server 1 ever since a brutal hacking in May and an intense DDoS attack in June. I'm on Server 1 too, and as you can see, my account is more than current, so it definitely has nothing to do with your negative points. Bondings is aware of the problem. He hasn't been able to work on it before as he had no spare time available, and best he could do was to keep on rebooting the server and putting in support requests for fixing the problem. Then when he "returned" three weeks ago, some of the hardware of Server 1 was replaced by way of a Plan A solution (Plan B to replace the Server if it doesn't work out). For a while it looked as though Plan A was working as we were up non-stop for about 15 days or so, until the middle of this week when it was down twice in succession. Looks as though it is OK now as it has been running for the last two days without going down. Thing is when it is up, it's fantastic. Loads fast, the whole works. Hope the problem can be solved. For me I'm happy though as Bondings is around and he is paying attention to it. He doesn't have enough time to be on the Forum it looks like, but he does have his eyes on our Server.

By the way, why not ask for a reset of your points, as you can do that in your Account.
LostOverThere
Thanks for the responses deanhills and cybersa. Smile

You're right deanhills, when Server 1 is up it's speedy gonzales!

And I requested a points reset a few weeks ago, however the request is still pending.

For future reference, is changing servers a possibility? If so, what's the process of that? Cheers.
rx9876
LostOverThere wrote:
Thanks for the responses deanhills and cybersa. Smile

You're right deanhills, when Server 1 is up it's speedy gonzales!

And I requested a points reset a few weeks ago, however the request is still pending.

For future reference, is changing servers a possibility? If so, what's the process of that? Cheers.

I think it's not easy to request any service from admin.
Those account creation requests have been pending since several months ago.

Maybe you could try to gain points to positive,
maybe there is a automatic recovery system which can enable your host account.
LostOverThere
Alright, lets see if Server 1 becomes more stable over the coming weeks. Smile
nickfyoung
I am getting,

Quote:
This account has been suspended.
Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources.

Does that mean it is part of the same problem or is my account finished. It still says I am being hosted and my points are always in positive.
deanhills
nickfyoung wrote:
I am getting,

Quote:
This account has been suspended.
Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources.

Does that mean it is part of the same problem or is my account finished. It still says I am being hosted and my points are always in positive.

I'm afraid it has nothing to do with the Server Nick. Your Website account has been suspended. Total different thing. There is a cap on the bandwidth and the disk space you're allowed to use on a monthly basis. 1500 MB of disk space and 35 GB of bandwidth, which are pretty generous by free hosting industry standards. You'd have to have worked your blog very hard to have used up all of those resources. So can you remember whether there was a lot of activity on your blog, have you been using a lot of disk space for photos maybe, or have people been downloading lots of materials from your site as the latter can really chew up bandwidth? Or if none of the above, could be that you've been receiving spam comments in portions of you blog when you were not watching. You'd have been able to pick up on the latter in the size of your phpBB Database.
nickfyoung
My blog did not seem to be doing anything different. If anything, the visitors were down by a couple of hundred over the Christmas each day. Spam comments were deleted each day so maybe it is just too big now with a lot of posts.

This is the third time this has happened and the main reason I opted for a free hosting. The first two blogs were with hosting but were just chopped because I was using too much bandwidth.

Time to give it away. There is no money to be made anyway.
deanhills
nickfyoung wrote:
My blog did not seem to be doing anything different. If anything, the visitors were down by a couple of hundred over the Christmas each day. Spam comments were deleted each day so maybe it is just too big now with a lot of posts.

This is the third time this has happened and the main reason I opted for a free hosting. The first two blogs were with hosting but were just chopped because I was using too much bandwidth.

Time to give it away. There is no money to be made anyway.
Well then the resources thing does make sense. Your blog is of a size that doesn't quite fit here. I'm almost certain however you'd be able to find a paid host that could accommodate you. But I'd write to Bondings for help first. He may come up with facts or solutions that could fix the problem.
johans
cybersa wrote:
LostOverThere wrote:
Hi,

Cheers.

It is working well.
Increase your Points else your website will be suspended in future.

You can see the status of server from here:
http://fh.info.tm/

works on my side perfectly also.
johans
hi,

I have the same problem. how can i fix this? can someone advise me how to fix the issue?
deanhills
johans wrote:
hi,

I have the same problem. how can i fix this? can someone advise me how to fix the issue?
Suggest you make a new thread Johans. This thread is for hosting accounts on Server 1 and the issue has been solved a very long time ago.
johans
sorry for the confusion.

I am just feel disappointed on my issue that is why i was searching here if anyone encounter it before.

Okay. I will do you suggestion.