FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PC or MAC?

PC or MAC?
PC
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
MAC
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Both
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

idolztheunknown
I've been a PC dude all my life, and never got my hands on a MAC keyboard in my life. I really want to try those cool MACs! I don't know if they're really better than PC's, but those things are pure eye candy! The price is just . . . . over the top. That's sad. Anyways, vote on the voll will yeah! Smile
dan751
PC is my personal choice. They say MAC is more user-friendly and better for multimedia, which I have to say is mostly true. But there are ways to make Windows just as powerful as MAC regarding multimedia. However, I prefer a less user friendly environment, because I can control certain parts of the system easier on a Windows PC rather than on a MAC.
amaudy
I like Mac for use publishing job, and at my home I use PC because PC have many games Laughing Laughing Laughing
photon
both. the proggy support for the pc is unbeatable, where in the mac, its all
about ease of use and problem free operation

also the macs make a style statement anywhere
Wink
Empire
I vote both. I love Macs for a personal computer and definatly PC for gaming. Macs arn't very good gaming machines. Games run slow on macs. BUT I STILL LOVE MACS!!
Ranfaroth
The only differences between Mac and PC are : design, cost, and modularity.
Mac have a better design, and PC win for the two others.
As I don't care design, I prefere PC...
thermaltake
I heard firefox is ok but what are the advantages. i also heard it was slow at loading java can u modify it so java loads faster?
cheeta
PC

because MAC dont gives me the flexibility that a PC gives me.. interms of Hardware or software... both...
Commando_Sondre
I use a PC,
I don't have ant games to our Mac Very Happy
uoturkey
I think Pc's are better than Mac and faster..
misterdimiz
I use PC.
Actually I never had a chance to use MAC.
comsci18
i like to use PC because the PC'performance are better
than MAC's performance . i need to use the high performance computer
Diddern
I´ve alvays been a pc dude, since my first AST 286 w´4mb ram. Dos thru Win 3.11 (i still own all the manuals) to windows XP, but last year i tried a 12" Powerbook and was hooked. I dare say that there is no equivalent in the pc world to the; build quality, design and performance packed into the Powerbooks. Combine this with the brilliant UI of OSX and you have a winner. My points are these.... for work and study i use my trusty powerbook, for gaming and overclocking i use my , not so stable, watercooled AMD/ATI rig
bananaphone
I use both, an old iMac and a brand new PC.
As well as assorted laptops etc.

Works for me!
Patrick
I'm buying new computer and i just need some tips on what to buy, mac or pc?

Mac is good for designing and sound tools and stuff i heard....

please help me here!Razz
matt87
What your going to use your computer for? I recommend Mac if your going to do designing and video editing and such. A regular Windows system if your doing everyday stuff. I would not buy a Mac for gaming!!!
edallica
good question. i was in the same spot a few weeks ago myself since i spilt juice on my laptop.

rather than forking out the cash for a new one ive decided to try and fix the old one first. so im not really speaking from experience yet.

i like my free programs. i like being able to find an open source program for just about anything i want. getting a mac, after some looking around, it seems to me would limit the amount of open source software that you can download.

getting used to a whole new operating system (moving from windows to mac) would also be (for me) a nightmare. i like knowing where my folders are.

if i was you id buy a decent spec PC and wait for vista to come out. the only thing better about OSX is that it looks nicer and it does a few neat aesthetic tricks. my bet is that vista will have all of these tricks and more, as well as having the compatibility with just about anything.
Patrick
After doing a bit research myself i have found out that mac is more expencive.

BUT. the designing and video/sound programs on mac is alot cheaper then to a computer
kasper5150
Me myself...I actually recommend both. I mean, you can almost get the same functionality out of both machines if you know where to get the right software. I can tell you that I not only have more than one pc, but also more than one mac and linux box.
Arnie
If you're an experienced user of either Mac or Windows I'd stick with that, unless you have specific reasons. For example if you suddenly start editing video a switch from Windows to Mac would make sense.
kasper5150
another reason would be to use a little something called quark express. It is a graphic program origianlly created for mac then ported to windows. If you look hard enough, you might find a nice port of quark over to linux redhat or bsd.~~
MidwestCreative
Well, there are different reasons.

A macintosh is an appliance, no questions asked. It is built to be simple and straightforward. You want to connect to a wireless network? Click a button. want to install a program? Drag and drop. Macs are amazingly easy, and are pretty well built. In my experience, they are not more stable than a PC, but they are more user friendly.

A PC is somewhat more complicated. In order to use one effectively, you need to know how it works, and know how to be safe with it. PCs are notorious for viruses and spyware, simply because they are so commonly used. However, with a PC you have the largest inventory of software available on any platform. Virtually every open-source project is available for the PC, and if you're a gamer, there really is no other choice.

Linux is the next step. It's very in depth and very complicated. It is a fantastic operating system for administrators and programmers, but if you are only on your computer for the internet and a few graphics programs, then go with one of the ones above.
MidwestCreative
Well, there are different reasons.

A macintosh is an appliance, no questions asked. It is built to be simple and straightforward. You want to connect to a wireless network? Click a button. want to install a program? Drag and drop. Macs are amazingly easy, and are pretty well built. In my experience, they are not more stable than a PC, but they are more user friendly.

A PC is somewhat more complicated. In order to use one effectively, you need to know how it works, and know how to be safe with it. PCs are notorious for viruses and spyware, simply because they are so commonly used. However, with a PC you have the largest inventory of software available on any platform. Virtually every open-source project is available for the PC, and if you're a gamer, there really is no other choice.

Linux is the next step. It's very in depth and very complicated. It is a fantastic operating system for administrators and programmers, but if you are only on your computer for the internet and a few graphics programs, then go with one of the ones above.
deedee
You shouldn't use Mac if you're a gaming fanatic.
Some good games are also on the Mac but that's everything.
When you'll buy a computer, eventually Mac wil be cheaper, because everything that you need is included.
If you buy a PC you must buy a screen too, and to be as good as the Mac computer, you must buy RAM and other stuff
Also Mac is more userfriendly.

That's all I have to say, if you feel asking me something (I'm a experienced Mac user), PM me !