FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can I expect any Problems taking sound card out

Possum
Hi

I need to use the microphone and the sound card Mic wont work with Sound card so I have decided to take the sound card out (if not solved)

Can I expect any driver issures or will the mother bord sound just take over when it sences the sound card is removed..?

thx..
william
There may be driver issues so, just in case, download the drivers off your motherboard manufacturer's website. If you don't hear any sounds after starting your computer, just install the drivers. However, Windows will usually take care of it by itself, so you most likely won't have any problems in the process at all.
deanhills
I had the same issue a few weeks ago Possum. I found however that it had to do with the settings of my sound card software - Realtek in addition to Windows' MultiMedia and Sound Recorder settings. After fiddling with all of those for a while, I got the microphone to work.

A couple of days before that I did something really dumb .... I deleted my Realtek sound card driver software by accident, thinking it was RealPlayer. So of course had no sound. Then discovered all I had to do was to use the Wizard (in Windows XP), insert the Motherboard software CD when asked for, and it sorted itself out almost instinctively. So it worked exactly as William said it would, Windows will take care of it for you.
cybersa
Possum wrote:
Hi

I need to use the microphone and the sound card Mic wont work with Sound card so I have decided to take the sound card out (if not solved)

Can I expect any driver issures or will the mother bord sound just take over when it sences the sound card is removed..?

thx..

I don't think it was drivers problem.
It may be due to Settings.

Go to Control panel and Sound and Recording.
Tweak some settings here like Default device,Volume etc...
CHAOS-THEORY
if you are using any microsoft product. you better expect problems Not talking
check your other thread, i now noticed that u use an external sound card; so please make sure that you have the correct drivers and setup the correct settings in your control panel.
if you're a bit of a newbie, just PM your skype and i'll guide you out thru TV.
Peace