FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Lateral Thinking Puzzles

supersonic
I love lateral thinking puzzles. There a good way to get your mind going. Here is one I wanted to see if any one can get (It is really easy).

A man fell 140 ft. (43m) without a parachute. He turned up side down 7 times and came to land safely on solid Ground. How?

If no one gets it I'll give you guys a hint.
Don't worry I'll tell you if you got it right.
byt
supersonic wrote:
I love lateral thinking puzzles. There a good way to get your mind going. Here is one I wanted to see if any one can get (It is really easy).

A man fell 140 ft. (43m) without a parachute. He turned up side down 7 times and came to land safely on solid Ground. How?

he was on a trampoline and the 43m he fell weren't all at once?
nilsmo
The trampoline answer I think would be the best answer. Some other options are below:

He was on the moon?
He was breaking his fall with a device other than a parachute or alternatively he was the pilot of a falling airplane?
supersonic
byt wrote:
supersonic wrote:

he was on a trampoline and the 43m he fell weren't all at once?

Well he wasn't on a trampoline, but your on the right track with thr not all at once idea.
supersonic
nilsmo wrote:
The trampoline answer I think would be the best answer. Some other options are below:

He was on the moon?
He was breaking his fall with a device other than a parachute or alternatively he was the pilot of a falling airplane?

The idea of the moon has nothing to do with it he is on planet earth. But the idea how the airplane is pretty close. It is something that almost anyone could do.
ocalhoun
He was flying a hang-glider!
-----------------------------------------
I figured it out, he was riding a roller-coaster.
(even though the part about landing is slightly misleading.)
supersonic
ocalhoun wrote:
He was flying a hang-glider!

He wasn't on a hang glider. Here is your hint.

Usually anyone who isn't verticaly-challenged could do this.

Think really hard, I bet someone has had to have done this at least once in there life.
Davidgr1200
He could have been rolling down a hill
supersonic
Since no one has gotten it Im going to tell you what it is.

He was on a roller coaster.

The jet idea would have worked for this too but this is a better anwser.
zoombinimatt
so, you go upside down 7 times in 1 fall on a rollercoaster? that is one cool rollercoaster. anyway, would a parachute help much at that height? there are plenty of answers, such as:

There is no down, so they were justflipping and moving. then he hit a thing which he stuck on to with his sticky boots.

this person is stronger than average so can survive big falls. etc.etc.

anyway how about this one: if soldier A shoots at person B, and person B has no armor or anything to stop the bullet, does not dodge andaffects the bullet in no way at all, how did they survive? there are at least 3 answers, probably more. see how many you can find
ocalhoun
zoombinimatt wrote:
anyway how about this one: if soldier A shoots at person B, and person B has no armor or anything to stop the bullet, does not dodge andaffects the bullet in no way at all, how did they survive? there are at least 3 answers, probably more. see how many you can find

Person B is hit non-leathaly
    Soldier A misses
    person B is out of range (stolen from subsequent post)

Close enough
byt
they are so far apart that the bullet doesn't reach
supersonic
Can someone please close this. It is getting really off topic. We we never talking about shooting people. I have already given away the anwser
schudder
I don't see why it should be closed. I mean, it's a valid question, following the original subject. So what if the question has already been answered. The person who asked the question hasn't come back yet Wink