FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Video: FOX news announces that Santa and Jesus are white men

handfleisch
What is wrong with the right wingers?
Quote:
Megyn Kelly Wants Kids At Home To Know That Jesus And Santa Were White
Kelly: "Just Because It Makes You Feel Uncomfortable Doesn't Mean It Has To Change"

www.mediamatters.org/video/2013/12/11/megyn-kelly-wants-kids-at-home-to-know-that-jes/197238
SpaceInvader75
Wow that was hilarious. I had to watch the video just to see somebody claiming that "Jesus was clearly a white man!" I wonder what Bible she reads?
coolclay
Ha, I can sort of understand the Santa=white argument because the original Saint Nicolas was a greek man, and more than likely white.

I am a Christ follower and while there is no "factual" evidence indicating the ethnicity of Christ (nor does it matter in any way shape or form). Just based on the evidence he was most likely of middle eastern decent, which according to the United States census makes you white. But for all intensive purposes he more than likely wasn't the blue eyed blonde haired dude featured in most Church rhetoric.

I think it all really comes down to the fact that both blacks and whites and most everyone still identifies themselves based on the color of their skin. This is one of my biggest pet peeves of mine with some people in the black community. If you want equality than stop shouting I am black. I believe we have become an advanced enough culture where we can just be who we are instead of 31/4 black 3/4 white or white or black or whatever. Why the labels, labels breed racism in my opinion.

I have many friends with different ethnicities, and you know what I don't look at them based on their skin color, nor do I treat them differently and nor do they expect me too. They are just people. It's the people that want to be treated differently because they are white, black, or whatever that breed racism.
It's the BET channel, it's the NAACP, the many white supremacy groups, and all the gang bangers, and rappers that use the N word in every song.

It's the people that call Obama black and are excited for a "black" president. Can't he just stand on his own credit, without somehow needing a crutch to fall back on.

Even our own government advances the belief that somehow your race makes you different. Like on the census or pretty much any form you fill out stating your race. For many years now I have been filling out other it doesn't matter what skin color I have, I want to be know for who I am not my physical appearance.

Highlighting peoples difference because of there skin color just facilitates an environment for racism to flourish. Be proud of who you are and your culture, but don't associate it with a skin color, I would hope our society has advanced at least that far over the past 50 years.

Our country has become such a melting pot that race identities have become extremely convoluted and useless. I am irish/german/english/african american, and my fiancee is irish/lebanese, I know many "black" people that are equally convoluted and yet still have the notion that they are black. What the hell does it matter, I don't need a skin color to decide who I am.
coolclay
Quote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/12/12/reza-aslan-on-jesuss-skin-color-megyn-kelly-is-right-her-christ-is-white/

Great analysis on the subject. He is quite right in my opinion.
Bikerman
Some academics got together a while ago and came up with a composite image of what they think a historical Jesus might have looked like..

coolclay
Interesting, I am sure they just used typical facial structures based upon his lineage. That is about what I expected. So I guess the Kelly chick was right after all.

I think more importantly however is why we as people need someone of similar appearance to feel accepted. I mean can't we all just ignore our appearance, and base our feelings and reactions on something a little more substantial like personality?

Handfleisch, since you started the right winger bashing (as usual) can you go into a little more detail, instead of a one sentence wonder.
handfleisch
coolclay wrote:
I think more importantly however is why we as people need someone of similar appearance to feel accepted. I mean can't we all just ignore our appearance, and base our feelings and reactions on something a little more substantial like personality?

Handfleisch, since you started the right winger bashing (as usual) can you go into a little more detail, instead of a one sentence wonder.
I appreciate what you say about basing our reactions on something more substantial than appearance. I think that your thought probably comes from a desire for a world free of racism. However, since racism is all around us, and in fact our country was founded on racism (but also on many positive things), we can't just wish it away. We have to deal with unfinished business in both the past and the present.

And then there are the people who make racial conflict for no reason at all, like this FOX host did. Do you not detect anything wrong and seriously demented with this race-baiting from FOX? Why do they even need to say that? It's really bizarre. FOX got even worse in 2013, and now this. It's like they want more racial division, they want a) to insult African Americans and those who fight for racial harmony, and b) to appeal to white racists in TV land. WTF?