FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FTP BUG

CHAOS-THEORY
It's some kind of a flaw; i added a new ftp user, gave out the pass and home dir.
but whenever i try to enter from ftp i get pass error then the whole server crashes, even the website crashes; the whole structure then i hv to wait like 20 or 48 min so it gets back.
any thoughts??
Peterssidan
Are you sure the whole server crashed? That would mean all people on server 4 is affected, which is really bad.

In what way does the server crash? Does it give you any kind of error message? Are you still able to login to the control panel?
badai
Peterssidan wrote:
Are you sure the whole server crashed? That would mean all people on server 4 is affected, which is really bad.

In what way does the server crash? Does it give you any kind of error message? Are you still able to login to the control panel?

that guy is not giving enough information. just ignore people like that.
CHAOS-THEORY
It's all fixed now by the admin.
ignor people that talks such way ^
zimmer
CHAOS-THEORY wrote:
It's some kind of a flaw; i added a new ftp user, gave out the pass and home dir.
but whenever i try to enter from ftp i get pass error then the whole server crashes, even the website crashes; the whole structure then i hv to wait like 20 or 48 min so it gets back.
any thoughts??

I have not encounter it. I think there must be a problem on your server end.

Have you check the port perhaps its been used or try to assign different port on your FTP as will as on your open port on your server.

I hope that helps.

Good luck!
deanhills
I've just found this bug twice tonight sofar - also php. It happened when I submitted a post and then came up with this:

Quote:
Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php

I then sent it again thinking it had not been sent, and then it resulted in double posting - was fortunately able to delete the last one.
Marcuzzo
https://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/explanation-and-solutions-for-emailerphp-line-234-error/

Seems to be a config issue.
Not sure When this started but it will need to be investigated
deanhills
deanhills wrote:
I've just found this bug twice tonight sofar - also php. It happened when I submitted a post and then came up with this:

Quote:
Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php

I then sent it again thinking it had not been sent, and then it resulted in double posting - was fortunately able to delete the last one.
The bug seems to be back.

If someone sees this post before they make a post. Don't redo the post if you see this "debug" message as the redo will create a double post. Just ignore the bug message and when you check the post will be there the first time round.
deanhills
Looks as though the bug has now been fixed. Wonder who fixed it? Any way, whoever fixed it, many thanks! Cool