FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My truck is my hobby!

Blaster
Don't judge me but it really is. I have a 2013 chevy silverado. It is a black extended cab truck. 1500 with a 5.3 V8

Current list of mods done on it include
Cat back Magnaflow exhaust
K&N CAI
20% Tint on the front windows
custom airbag warning label covers
2in Rough Country leveling kit
rear blacked out bowtie
line-x spray in bed liner
dropped in toolbox

oh and this wouldn't be complete without a few pictures
http://www.silveradosierra.com/resources/image/thumb/149090
http://www.silveradosierra.com/resources/image/thumb/149098
http://www.silveradosierra.com/resources/image/thumb/149106

Sorry couldn't piggyback the images the way i wanted to see you have to click the links to view them. Hope they work
standready
Nothing wrong with having a truck as hobby. I have a 1972 Corvette coupe. Restored to as it left the factory. Fortunately paint is good shape original since you can't correct color lacquer paint any more.
Blaster
standready wrote:
Nothing wrong with having a truck as hobby. I have a 1972 Corvette coupe. Restored to as it left the factory. Fortunately paint is good shape original since you can't correct color lacquer paint any more.

Got any pictures of it?

My family is a car family we have 7 cars for 4 drivers...

1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1
1979 Chevy Z28 Camaro
1980 Chevy Z28 Camaro
1991 Chevy Corvette
2007 Toyota Tundra
2008 GMC Yukon Deneli
2013 Chevy Silverado (mine)

And on order is a 2014 Chevy Silverado to replace the 2007 Tundra
BigGeek
I don't have a problem with 7 cars for 4 drivers, I have 2 vehicles for one driver. I'd have more if money were not an issue.

So has anything been done to the 1971 Mach 1, or either the 79 or 80 z28 Camaros? Is the 91 Vette anything special, like a ZR1? or is it a standard Vette?

Unfortunately I sold off my projects when they were mechanically completed before any paint or interior work because I was going through a divorce at the time. Gave up a 1970 Pontiac GTO, and a 2000 Ram Air TA to come up with the cash to pay off the ex. So now I am stuck with a 1979 Chevy 4x4 and a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am with 300K miles on it.

Pictures of your Silverado look nice, good looking truck. Any plans to really up the HP in anything? Maybe adding a supercharger to one of those V8s?

Friend of mine has a 2012 extended cab GMC that he has added a 4" lift to, lockers front and rear, big brake upgrade kit, free flow exhaust with magna flow muffler, cold air intake and a supercharger. It is a beast and sure gets up and goes for a big truck!!!

Thanks for sharing Cool
Blaster
Not really sure much on the Mach 1. I know it has some upgrades done to it and the paint isn't the original paint. Thats my sisters car along with the 79 camarro. The 79 is pretty much stock with a few here and there upgrades. The 80 lacks power steering which I think gives it character. It also has some upgrades that I'm not too sure on. This is my dads car. The vette is nothing special really. My mom was tired of her daughter and husband having all the cool cars and my dad picked it up for a steal. It is a 6 speed manual.

As for HP upgrade on my truck like I said I've installen a cold air intake, and the exhaust. I might go with a throttle body spacer and possibly even a custom tune not sure yet.
fuzzkaizer
what do you think of those highly modded trucks in india?
http://www.shelleys.demon.co.uk/truck.jpg
markharris
Very nice hobby Smile
Blaster
Its a very expensive hobby actually
mshafiq
I love this hobby.Because i like to do some things new.I can fix my car my self.i also install in my first car remote starter.I love electronic.
Blaster
Yea I love tinkering around with new things. My truck came with a factory remote start which was kind of nice. I don't know how I could live without that thing anymore.