FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's your favourite genre of music?

idolztheunknown
What is your favourite genre of music? And do you like that kind of music just because most of your friends like that genre of music?
angelo
I love pop music! Many people hate this genre of music, but look! All the forms of music nowadays sounds like pop as well!In fact, some beats are borrowed from pop. Look! There's pop-rock for an instance!
g2devteam
punk and metal...aggressive lyrics, killer guitar riffs, and insane drumming...i love it Very Happy
SunburnedCactus
angelo wrote:
I love pop music! Many people hate this genre of music, but look! All the forms of music nowadays sounds like pop as well!In fact, some beats are borrowed from pop. Look! There's pop-rock for an instance!

I think you'll find it's actually pop that does the borrowing, not the other way round.
JCdude5
ROCK ALL THE WAY! I dont like it just because my friends like it. I like it because the lyrics are great and I just like how it sounds.
Caxius
punk
Mark999111
rock mainly

and you know what they say... you cant spell crap without R-A-P Smile
roveneco
ofcourse rock!
Twisted Evil
not only my music style... rock is my lifestyle Wink
Xaros
Of course my favorite gerne are Techno and House. That's music is very popular in my country. Cool
Helios
Metal:

Heavy, speed, melodic, somewhat black and death, symphonic, little thrash, power.. hmm that's it..

also Hard Rock =)
garvalf4
I like baroque music, and renaissance and medieval musics as well.
I'm also enjoying folk and metal music (especially folk-metal bands, such as Otyg, Windir...)
sylviakowalski
i like emo and screamo. Speak to the hand
Zibé
I love music, all styles, so it's difficul to choose.
I would say :

Death metal, grindcore, drum'n bass and electro...
JessieF
I like just about all types of rock.
I don't like it because my friends like it....heck...one of my friends listens to country. Big difference!
Silverman
idolztheunknown wrote:
What is your favourite genre of music? And do you like that kind of music just because most of your friends like that genre of music?

I like to much music...
I shall begin naming the genres:
Beatbox - R&B - hiphop - house - salsa - merengue - rock (not all, just Linkin Park Razz )
These are my most genres of mine...
And like you said, do i like it because my friends do.. ?
Yes and no.. i mean, friends are people you talk to and trust...
And friends have the same taste as you, or else i don't see them as friend..
At least i do.. i don't have friends that have a totally different side of music..
fecophobia
classic rock would have to be my favorite... I mean a genre that includes the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Queen, David Bowie, Pink Floyd, the Doors, the Who, and Velvet Underground is vastly superior to any other genre.
rip8fan1
I think Bob Seger said it best:

"I like that old time rock'n' roll"
Mrs_Robota
I love itaoldisco and eurodance, the best of the world!!!
barish17
Rap , Of course Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
MistaKiula
meh, i listen to anything. no point on just narrowign urself on one thing.
Twikki
Punk/Rock/Goth and Emo
Freezon
Metal, Hard Rock, Rock, Classic, Hardcore, Metalcore, Classic, 80's, all kinds of music. No, I do not like this type of music because of my friends. Infact, most of my friends don't even listen to some of the music or bands I listen to. Also I am not a follower and like my own styles of music and self-being so I go with what I like, not what the crowd likes.
Nightwisher
i love all kind music, but my favorite band is Nightwish and Tarja Turunen ! I love all kind music but in the first place its gothic and power metal !
LuiS_J
im not tryin to put u down or anything like that.. but this kind of post about whats ur favorita genre of music has been posted a lot of times.. lol .. but well my favorite type of genre is reggaeton Very Happy Very Happy Cool Cool
Jasna
I like many styles of music, but my favorite genres would have to be indie, soft rock, classic rock, and classical. Besides classic rock, most of my friends don't actually like these genres. So of course, I like them because they suit me, not because other people, let alone my friends, happen to like to them as well.
decimi
I like all of kind music... except heavy rock. Rap, soft rock, pop, even classical is OK for me.
Nightwhish... I did love it but now i hate it, cause THEY KICK TARJA TURUNEN out!!!
newarkan
Hey

I really ADORE Radiohead. These guy really kick ass.
I really LOVE cool stuff, like Tom McRae, Yann Tiersen (frenchie), Norah Jones, etc.
I also LOVE metal stuff, Metallica, Deftones, Korn, Slipknot, all that heavy crap, I really love it.
I do LOVE trip hop, with Massive Attack, Portishead, Air, etc.
I LIKE some electronic things, but not that much...
I really ENJOY classical music, but once in a while.
ositedagalera
Rock, heavy rock, pop rock, punk rock, progressive rock, rock rock rock, I love ROCK
dingdong666
Helios wrote:
Metal:

Heavy, speed, melodic, somewhat black and death, symphonic, little thrash, power.. hmm that's it..

also Hard Rock =)

Same here dude...
METAL is my religion.

I am a great fan of Dave Lombardo (Slayer drummer). I was inspired by him. I love playing drums now.
Even when I am in the office, i play slayer music in my mobile phone with low volume so that no body else can hear to it.
Starbucks Barista
I shall begin to list for you my favorite genres of all time.
- Alternative/Punk
- Emo
- Rap
- Rock
superdork
I like mostly pop music but I generally listen to all the music genres. I dont' discriminate unless the song is just weird and not my "flava." lol.
iheartnoodles
MistaKiula wrote:
meh, i listen to anything. no point on just narrowign urself on one thing.

thats true! well i listen to alternative,indie,punk,old skool rap, jrock,cpop,jpop
Mc_EDO
I just like rock styles and rap styles others are worst for me hehe Wink
IceCameron
Everything except pop, may it burn in hell! Twisted Evil
elekis
cowboy bebop ost
unplugged from clapton
FLCL ost
RHCP
etc..etc...
Aki
I don't mind most styles of music but I have mainly listen to Jpop and R&B and a bit of techno... Strange mix yes.. but it really depends on my mood.
__MiMi
I'm into Hip Hop, r&b, and rock. Smile
Bomberb05
Definitely have to go with Rock as my main genre of music i listen to then next would be Techno/Trance/House music, after that would be pretty much anything i can get my hands on...
CamiBor
pop and rock Cool
Natrualkiller
I personaly like classic rock good music Smile
joshwong
i love alt. rock generally. also love grunge-rock
coker
joshwong: We have the same taste for music Very Happy
jaam23
Electronic Music.
Warp Records.
Aphex Twin. Richard D James genius.
m0rph1n3
I like everything except punk. And i listen to a little bit of music just because my friends do but for the most part i am all on my own Smile Rap and rock/metal are the top 2 on my list.
DREntertainment
rap and reggaeton
Alie
Power Metal - is the best!
Also: gothic, death, black...
Blecker
Old-School Black Metal
Folk-Black Metal
krazyfire
HIP hop and rock
RedMuse
Love New Age, Pop, Rock, Soul, R'N'B, Hip Hop
Deathskin
Folk/Death or Power metal can be pleasant at times
macfly
well I'm a guitar player. so I mainly listen to rock, hard rock and metal bands. I love blues too.
jamc100
Rock all the way! I have always been a rock fan. Mostly old stuff from the 70's and 80's, although some of the newer stuff it starting to sound good again. Halk of the stuff that they call rock anymore IMO absolutely is not. I heard somebody call Britney Spears a rock star Rolling Eyes unless the criteria has changed, she absolutely is not. I always thought that pop was something else altogether.
ncp
I like techno and hardcore,

Because of me and some others almost every friend of me likes techno and hardcore
Ivory Keys
I like a lot of genres (except Hardcore and hardrock!).

The genre I grew up with and love is Jazz. No more to say Wink
FR5314
My favorite music genres are hardcore,speedcore,darkcore, terror and things like that.
Insanity
I actually abhor genres and classifying music because a lot of music transcends catagories and it encourages the stereotypes of a genre and etc..
For example, you can tell that most of the people on the Internet have a strong distaste of rap, hip-hop, and pop and like rock.

As for myself I don't really pay attention to what genre or catagory a song is in but just pay more attention to if I like the song or not. I'd listen to rap, rock, pop, metal anyday, so I guess the final answer is... all of them. Wink
Hippie
Emphasis on metal, but i'll listen to anything with a good idea, talent, or willingness to try something new.
phx777
Psytrance
Techno (schranz excluded)
Progressive
Electro
Hardcore (&speedcore&powernoise)
Natrualkiller
classic rock is my favorite genre
ositedagalera
Rock.. Punk Rock.. Progressive Rock.. Heavy Rock.. Pop Rock..

Simply.. ROCK..
I love ROCK and all your sub-genres..

Bye.. Bye..
Slowhand
Well, I love a few genres. But most of all I love the Blues(rock) and Rock. When I was 9 years old I was listening to cds from my father: Eric Clapton (blues) and Dire Straits (Rock)
legion
mostly thrash/death/black metal

and sometimes some Aphex Twin
Mr. McCoy
My favorite genre is:
RAP
Techno Trance
birell
Thrash and Death is what´s played mainly here, some grindcore and black metal as well. But also some Hardcore, post-rock and Noisecore gets played.
crazedjill
I like a few genres...

Punk
-Dead Kennedys
-Ramones
-Sex Pistols
-The Misfits
-ect...

Metal
-Blind Guardian
-Children of Bodom
-Metallica
-Nightwish
-Lacuna Coil
-Sonata Arctica
ect...

Alternative
-Green Day
-My Chemical Romance

Classical
-Beethoven
-Mozart
-ect...

What ever genre Mindless Self Indulgence is
-Mindless Self Indulgence (My favourite band Cool )
blackheart
ROCK => Ska, Reggae, Punk, Classic, Hardcore, Post Hardcore, Indie, 50's/60's, some psychedaelic, some melodic => the good stuff

I like this (these) genre(s) because I like the music. I respect the artists. It sounds good live. There's more to the music than the music - rebellion, political statments, having a say, making a difference. The right and ability to be an individual. Living life to the full.

I don't like it because of my friends. About half my friends listen to what I do, but even then this is because I have met them through music, or like them BECAUSE we shared similar/same music tastes.

=> Jess Black.

(aka from an earlier post of mine:
Dropkick Murphys
Ramones
Stooges
Ruby's Grace
Deftones
The Velvet Underground
TSOL
The Damned
Stiff Little Fingers
Rancid
Op. Ivy
Anti-Flag
New York Dolls
Jane's Addiction
Fugazi
Led Zepplin
The Clash
The Sonics
Mars Volta
International Noise Conspiracy
Joan Jett
(Blackhearts)
INXS
Goldfinger
Misfits
Rezillos
NOFX
Johnny Diesel and the Injectors
Violent Femmes
Guns'n'Roses
Lemon Heads
Sublime
Left-over Crack
The Living End
Black-Flag
Dead Kennedy?s
Electric Six
R.E.M.
The Smiths
Minor Threat
Queen
Buzzcocks
Sweet
Faith No More
Gun Club
The B-52's
AC/DC
Nirvana
U.S. Bombs (and not the Hunns)
Reel Big Fish
Cold Chisel
Deep Purple...
to name a few)
MalvagioAddict
i have electic taste when it comes to music. Very diverse range. One moment I could be listening to jazz, rnb, even bubblegum pop. But right now I tend to listen to a lot more pop rock more than anything else.

On my player right now is a CD of Cat Stevens. way before my time, but I still like his songs.
blackheart
why is emo highlighted in organge in alot of the earlier posts?
SunburnedCactus
blackheart wrote:
why is emo highlighted in organge in alot of the earlier posts?

Did you find this thread after searching for "emo"?
blackheart
I don't know, my sister might have been... but she shouldn't have been in my account... said she was checking something in hers... Eh?
SunburnedCactus
Well when you search for a word then click on one of the resulting threads, the word you searched for is highlighted. It's sort of useful.
saiyeek
I like Rock and alternatives. Hip Hop and Metals I don't reall like them.. What . do . you . think. ????
reyes2k6
Undground RnB
House
Hip Hop
Rock
mr.emre
I like Rap music.
bu not normal rap.
Turkish Rap
falsealarm
I like lots of different types of music. I mainly listen to rock. Classic rock or new rock. My tastes really vary a lot actually but that's what I am listening to most often.
repnosis
its gotta be Hip Hop as number one,,, although there is a lot of poor stuff,,,,ie 50,,,ja etc,,,,,there is so much quality.... long live real hip hop....peace
william jones
i like jazz because it is relaxing and mentally challenging.
i like electronic music because i can sit and dwell and shape the sound.
i like hip hop cause i can get paid.
What do you like?
ainieas
I'd say rock but then again rock is too vast a genre, so I'd have to say I tilt towards alternate.
Also I like death and black metal.
Busmika
It's depends on what mood i'm in...
I listen a lot to countrymusic, but some days I just to listen to rock, pop, or blues...
And when it's time to clean the apartment, I use to play my Metallica-CDs very very loud. It makes it so much easier to clean...
Chronos
Hmm i like metal, speed metal, power metal, black metal, death metal, grind, brutal, hardcore, etc.
Stratovarius
Children of Bodom
Graveworm
Carcass
Gorgoroth
Between the Brued and Me
so much to be writed.
fenfool
I listen to mostly classic rock, but I do like some of the modern stuff, like Maroon 5, Jet, etc. I also like progressive rock (Yes, Genesis, Rush, etc.), folk-rock (The Byrds), and I dabble a little in other areas. I' learning to play on a classical guitar, and the more folk-based stuff seems to play better.
uniorzeroman
Trance, techno, rave and drum and bass. I really like this genres Smile They make me calm Smile
area547
I'll listen to just about anything as long as it isn't any of that emo crap. (You're girlfriend dumped you, get over it)

But i have my preferences in hard rock or rock, depending on my mood.
cghq
im not too sure wat you would describe it as, but i like RATM..... i would say its somewhere in between rock/funk sorta lol.... i dont think you can class it as a genre
Web-Gazda
Starbucks Barista wrote:
I shall begin to list for you my favorite genres of all time.
- Alternative/Punk
- Emo
- Rap
- Rock

That's it!
webcola
Uggh... I like many artists of different genre. If good music were a genre, I'd say that but....

"Good" Metal. I don't like stuff that sounds like someone taking a dump

Trance. I don't like dancing-type trance, just trance that is deep.
Icantation
I really have to ssay punk rock and acostic when im in a emotional mood. teehee*
hellrahul
I like Rap and Hip Hop.

ANd I am a great fan of EMINEM.

Also I like a little bit of Rock.
truth16
punk
hardcore
metalcore