FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you keep a diary?

jajarvin
Do you keep a diary?

I just started writing a diary. I try to write every day, something that relates to the day's events. It is not always easy.

Sometimes I think about doing unnecessary work. No one will read my text.

Does this make sense?
truespeed
A diary isn't for others to read,it is a good way of organizing your thoughts,making sense of things.
grofet
I have never write any diary in my whole life. I don't have much time for writing the diary and also reading the diary. I hate to remember a lot of details of the past since i have a lot of things to do on the future. I just let my history gone with the wind. I have very bad memory of my past so i'm very good at forget about anything on the past. We can write our diary on the blog. Just set the blog as personal blog that no one can access the blog except ourselves. But that's mean not all people can not access the blog. People from company of the blog service, people from NSA, and some hacker / cracker maybe can read our diary. Write diary as best as we can since maybe our children or grandchildren will read our writings after we die. Just keep out our secret and any bad things about ourselves and other people in the diary for the sake of all people.
johans
I think hard copy of diary is getting depreciated. Some you email to document there daily life's to make it more convenient.

But for my self i don't write my life.. I just live with it and do what i can for this day to have contribution.
standready
I thought that was what Facebook was for. laugh
Bluedoll
jajarvin wrote:
Do you keep a diary?

I just started writing a diary. I try to write every day, something that relates to the day's events. It is not always easy.

Sometimes I think about doing unnecessary work. No one will read my text. Does this make sense?
I think it depends on how much you write? If you write enough that you might actually read at some point in the future then it might have some value to it.
markharris
No, I do not Smile
mshafiq
yes i have habit of writing a dairy daily.In this way i know that what will happen and what had done in the past.It is like a memorizing book for me.it does not take a time a lot to write daily routine on on note book or in computer.I made my dairy in computer.
dude_xyx
I used to do that when I was a teen but not anymore.
it4e
No i don't keep a diary. I don't feel like i need to write down my thoughts.
fuzzkaizer
i do not have a diary, and if i would have one, it would be secret, and i would write it with pencil in a little paperbook... and i would also write down things, to look how they differ from my memory. they say the memories of ones youth would often not match the real facts, and it would change over the years. to think of that makes me a little bit nervous, but actually not enought that i really would write a diary.
if i was one of the facebook-generation, i would have to write a diary to document the gap between my fake-life and my real-life. too hard to decode the facebook surface to get through to the documentation...
Vanilla
Does my personal blog count? Very Happy

I started with a plain regular one and created my first blog in 2002. Jesus, I just noticed I've been blogging for more than 10 years! Anyways, I like to share some of my personal life, but not everything. Funny things always seems to happen to me and I love to make people laugh. So yes, I have a diary. A virtual one. Very Happy
Insanity
I think diaries have been mostly replaced with blogs. Blogs can be set to private so that only certain people can read them, and they're available online and easy to start and maintain. It's also much easier to type than to physically write out everything. This way, your thoughts can be written down much faster than in an actual diary. The only problem is if you are the sentimental type, then you would probably rather have something that you can touch and keep for a long time, even if the Internet for some reason breaks down.

I keep a diary in the form of a blog that I have been updating forever. It's a good way to keep track of your thoughts and happenings in the past. It's kind of funny to be describing a blog as a diary, but I think that's essentially what it boils down to. It just so happens that most blogs are public and people want others to read what they've wrote.
fuzzkaizer
one thing i know about diaries is that you do NOT read in someone elses diary without his explicit permission. a diary has a certain status of intimacy, and there can be also written things one would be ashamed, if others knew about them. so this is a fundamental difference to a blog. blogs are written in first place to be shared with others, even if one pretends to write a 'secret' blog. if you have a secret, the internet is maybe not the best place to place it...
but, yes, there are certainly people making a big noise like "hello world, i'm writing a secret diary right now, but don't you dare to watch me blah blah blah..."
markharris
No i do not keep diary, I do't like it
mshafiq
i have a habit of writing diary daily.
playfungames
I did keep a diary when I was young. Later as I grew older, I became so embarrassed of it that I had to burn it to get rid of it permanently.

Now, I just blog around, not the personal matters but about things that I have learned technology wise. I think it is a great idea to keep a digital private blog for those who want to write in a diary.
Pippo90
No, I don't keep a diary, but I think it's a nice idea. It just sounds a bit outmoded --- maybe a blog? Wink
manongbob
i just lost my diary and i dont know who found it all my secrets are kept there Sad
zimmer
jajarvin wrote:
Do you keep a diary?

Sometimes I think about doing unnecessary work. No one will read my text.

Does this make sense?

For me, this is fine.. but for me its not that applicable since i am so busy all the days..
tonberry
For me it also doesn't make much sense. I can see two types of adults writing a diary. First one is somebody narcissistic, extending his grandeur to their memoires. Second one is probably someone with a child inside and a vivid imagination, re-experiencing his adventures on paper. The second one is probably fun, the first guy not so much.

One of the worst mistakes that I have made in my life though was getting rid of all the childhood souvenirs like my diary, other childhood drawings etc. I had had a phase of cleaning out anything I don't need (I'm still minimalist at nature when it comes to possessions) and everything went out to trash. It must be a joy ride to come back to these once a year or once a few years and recall all that stuff, but I made my bed. Don't make the same mistake if you have the opportunity to Wink
steeve
Yes, I use note book, not diary.
mshafiq
i live to write dairy.
kakurine
No I don't.. for privacy sake. Razz
Serkuuz
no it's pointless
mshafiq
I can not not work with out diary writing. My day star with dairy writing.
Blummer
I've never been much into diaries, but recently I found it very useful. I mostly use it for summarizing the day and keeping the memories of dreams I had.
nam_siddharth
I used to write diaries when I was in middle school. Now I think it is useless habit.
sarwanov
I personally keep diary and I love to do it.
mshafiq
I like to write dairy on daily basis for my routine work. I can not live with out it. Because all my work is based on my daily routines. By writing it daily it is very hard to miss any daily work.