FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

install new android version

johans
Hi,

I have android phone which i think the problem is the software. Although i have already click on factory reset. I just wondering if i want to reformat it and put new Android version.

How to do it? Any body have idea?

Well the problem on my phone is even if i did not click any buttons it suddenly choose any buttons on my phone.. Any body encounter this kind of problem?
standready
I hate when the phone does that. There is no 'keypad lock' sequence on the phone? Mine has one by holding down the '*' button until activated. To unlock, same thing. Avoids headaches.
spinout
what cell mobile brand are you speaking about?
playfungames
You will first have to say which Android phone that you have.

If your phone is working fine after the Factory reset, I do not think that you should install a new Android version. It is kind of complicated where you download files, connect your phone to your PC, do some stuffs to your phone using your PC and then from the phone itself. All these activities to install an unofficial version of Android takes hours.

But if you really want to update your phone with the latest software then you can try CyanogenMod.

Just Google "How to Install CyanogenMod 10.1 for <your phone>". You will come across detail instructions. Usually, you get to watch a YouTube video of someone installing that mod and upgrading Android. See how they do it. And if you are up for it, try it.

Cyanogenmod is like the best mod out there for unofficially upgrading your Android version. You can try their latest build 10.2 as well.

Remember, there is always a chance that you might brick your phone during the upgrade. Your phone might be unusable. Follow the steps carefully without missing any single detail.