FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

"A little word from Iraq"

S3nd K3ys
This is from another board, from a member currently stationed in Iraq.

tobiascore wrote:
I havent posted up here in a while...and coming up here and seeing some of the posts REALLY makes me laugh.

I roll out everyday. Our area used to be one of the worst in Iraq. Not I can honestly say it is one of the best in Baghdad.

All this stupid hype I see about Iraq makes me laugh. I mean, yes...it is a dangerious place. Soldiers die. It's no joke. But there is WAY too much hype about the negatives here.

Don't get caught up in it.

I have seen everything here. I have been attacked by RPG's, morters, IEDS, VBIEDS, ambushed...various small arms fire.

But the fact is, Iraq is a functioning country, that with each passing day, keeps rising up to terrorism...and refuses to be crippled by it.

Will all the hostility I have seen...it doesn't match up to what other have been through. And it is realitive. I have never had to go house to house killing insurgents while me friends get killed around me, I can't even imagine that.

But that is few and far between. What goes on everyday that is good, FAR outweighs the bad.

But it doesnt seem that way at times, ESPECIALLY when the media reports NOTHING but bad news. Folks back at home really have a confused view of it here...

Maybe I'm too optimistic. But if anyone should have a negative view of Iraq, it should be the soldiers...and it's just not the majority here.

Soldiers BUST their ass everyday here bringing water, power, food, better sewage, garbage service and overall Government to Iraq...all with hopes of a better future for this country. Where's the media coverage?...where's the recognition?. The sad thing is, people at home are buying the negativity. And it's not unnatural...I mean, it's frustrating seeing soldiers die, with no balance on the positive media coverage.

Yes, there is still alot of work to be done here. But it's not in the least impossible.

This is not a "look at me!" post in the least. I could give a shit about what the media or some hippy thinks of me. What pisses me off is the efforts of others blatenly ignored. While their efforts are being called a "lost cause" or some random abuse scandal taking over EVERYTHING else good.

There's some big things coming up in the future. Elections...new military units coming in. Good things are in store. But it's not something that'll come to ANYONE sitting back and expecting overnight results. I'm not saying it's going to take 7 years, bot I'm not saying it's gonna happen tomorrow.

Keep your head up, Soldiers are...what is so impossible about everyone else doing the same?
gonzo
Quote:
What goes on everyday that is good, FAR outweighs the bad.

Code:
everyday here bringing water, power, food

hazza!
psycosquirrel
I greatly agree with the quote.

The fact of the matter is that all major television media is liberal, and liberals do not believe in any way in the war that we are fighting in Iraq. Liberating people over there is not necessesarily the best thing to do, but it is the right thing. In liberating Iraq, we are creating a desperatly-needed ally in the Middle East, and eliminating threats of future conflict at the same time.

Bottom line is that we are in Iraq for good reasons, and while we may see some casualties, this "war" is for the overall good.
S3nd K3ys
psycosquirrel wrote:
I greatly agree with the quote.

The fact of the matter is that all major television media is liberal, ...

Actually, only the great majority is lieberal. Places like Fox bring both sides to the table most times, but do lean right. (Not nearly as far right as even the most conservative lieberal show leans left, but still).
schudder
psycosquirrel wrote:
In liberating Iraq, we are creating a desperatly-needed ally in the Middle East, and eliminating threats of future conflict at the same time.

Bottom line is that we are in Iraq for good reasons, and while we may see some casualties, this "war" is for the overall good.

So basically, the only reason your country invaded Iraq was not to liberate them, but to make sure you have an ally. How noble of you Laughing

And it's not a war. Remember, Bush announced the war was over like two years ago. "Mission Accomplished", remember Wink Guess it wasn't.

But I do feel that now they're there, they should stay - leaving would just create chaos - and they're doing a pretty good job out there most of the time (not including some prison problems and public corpse burning of course). They have become a necessity in Iraq and they should keep doing the good things until Iraq becomes selfsufficient, which could be a while.
S3nd K3ys
schudder wrote:
psycosquirrel wrote:
In liberating Iraq, we are creating a desperatly-needed ally in the Middle East, and eliminating threats of future conflict at the same time.

So basically, the only reason your country invaded Iraq was not to liberate them, but to make sure you have an ally. How noble of you Laughing

Reading and comprehension is key, folks. Wink

schudder, how the hell did you come up with 'the only reason' from psychosquirrel saying "in liberating Iraq" ??

You just take something you see that looks like it might somehow fit into your twisted, innacurate perception of things, and then give it entire new meaning or what?

Seriously, either pay attention, (cuz if you didn't do it on purpose, you're DEFINATELY not paying attention), or don't put things out of context and try to say he said something he CLEARLY did not say!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Quote:
And it's not a war. Remember, Bush announced the war was over like two years ago. "Mission Accomplished", remember Wink Guess it wasn't.

Also, the "mission accomplished" marked the end of 'major' operations. I don't know if all you see is CNN/AP, but on FOX, they clearly stated it was the end of major operations. Which it was.
planet
Must have been written by Rumsfeld ^L*
Jack_Hammer
In a few months I may volunteer to get stationed in Iraq.
silvermesh
I find it ridiculous that people are still bitching about why we went in the first place. at this point it's no longer relevant. the time to bitch about that was when they were still talking about doing it. That time has passed. now we're there and "we shouldn't have gone in the first place" isn't a good reason to leave. it's too late to just abandon them, because then we are responsible for making an even worse mess than the middle east already was, and the retaliation towards us will be worse than we have ever seen. the start may not have been justified, but what is happening there right now is. It doesn't matter how it started.
S3nd K3ys
silvermesh wrote:
I find it ridiculous that people are still bitching about why we went in the first place. at this point it's no longer relevant. the time to bitch about that was when they were still talking about doing it. That time has passed. now we're there and "we shouldn't have gone in the first place" isn't a good reason to leave. it's too late to just abandon them, because then we are responsible for making an even worse mess than the middle east already was, and the retaliation towards us will be worse than we have ever seen. the start may not have been justified, but what is happening there right now is. It doesn't matter how it started.

They couldn't bitch about it at the beginning, they were all for it.