FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost Reliability?

dclark1104
Well, I was wondering... How reliable is Frihost? I've used a load of other hosting services and have only gotten nothing but bad news. From crashes, to slow page loads, it was nothing but bad news. I don't really want to have my website all set up with dedicated visitors and find that Frihost has gotten their domain "taken away" or "sold" to the point my website is complete trash. In other words, I've heard some good things about Frihost. Though, I'm just wondering on what the Frihost community is thinking. Thanks!!!
badai
same as all other thrashed webhosting that you have encountered, it's 99.999% reliable until the day it get trashed.

nothing last forever. when it does, just move on.
truespeed
Frihost is fine,there has been a little downtime recently as the owner isn't as active as he once was,but the site has been around since 2005 and I see no reason for it still not to be around 5 years from now,so if you're looking for hosting then it is a good choice.

However,with the owner awol at the moment,I don't know if there is anyone else around to handle new hosting requests.
zimmer
yup.. i double emotion. Reliable and tested for years!

Frihost is been doing great and free!!!
sysna
I'm here for 1 year and this is absolutely stable, but you should always have regular backup because even most reliable hosts get crashed some day.

I was looking around and found that the server provider of IBM company give you a dedicated server of Pentium4 + 4GB of ram for around 200$ ! that is even slower than many dedicated servers that you can get in US for 100$ and the amazing thing is that setup doesn't give you a raid hdd so it is not very reliable, the only thing you get is a 99.99% uptime of network(not hardware).

So as you see reliability needs money and in term of high reliability you need huge money !

So what about Frihost ? Frihost was and is still more reliable than many Paid hostings that i've seen.
deanhills
dclark1104 wrote:
Well, I was wondering... How reliable is Frihost? I've used a load of other hosting services and have only gotten nothing but bad news. From crashes, to slow page loads, it was nothing but bad news. I don't really want to have my website all set up with dedicated visitors and find that Frihost has gotten their domain "taken away" or "sold" to the point my website is complete trash. In other words, I've heard some good things about Frihost. Though, I'm just wondering on what the Frihost community is thinking. Thanks!!!
I'd be totally surprised if Frihost domain would disappear at any time soon. Domain's expiry date is 22 April 2019.
75alex
I've been on frihost for a few months, no problems this far, It's not that easy to get positive points (as you see, i'm having trouble at the moment but my account is still hosted at the moment). I'd say the only downside is that it takes time to get hosted as there aren't many admins around at the moment (well it was the case when I registered, dunno how it is now). Anyway it's definitely the best free hosting you can get, no downtime or glitches on my website at least. You just have to be willing to spend a bit of time daily here on the forums !
k_s_baskar
I am here from 2005 (!) I am really happy here. My sites are running smoothly without any problem. Smile
Marcuzzo
I don't use my Frih hosting any more, I used to run my site on it but it was down for a couple of minutes every month so I moved to a paid host and my site has never been down since.
at first I used my shared hosting to test scripts but nowadays I'm running a local AMP to test my code and push it to production when OK.

my advise, If you run a professional site: Get a Paid host.

PS: I'm even thinking of moving from shared hosting to a VPS all together
deanhills
Marcuzzo wrote:
You're not the only one Marcuzzo. I've seen others going from shared free hosting to VPS as well. Probably the next logical step?
Marcuzzo
deanhills wrote:
Marcuzzo wrote:
You're not the only one Marcuzzo. I've seen others going from shared free hosting to VPS as well. Probably the next logical step?

could be, especially if you've got a lot of domains.
at the moment I've got several domains running on my shared hosting account @ priorweb and I'm happy with their service, but still it remains a shared environment.
if you've got a couple of heavy load site's running on the same server then your site may be impacted by their load.
having a Virtual Private Server you've got more control over the server.
the only 2 con's I've got on this matter is that you need to maintain and secure the server yourself and the price tag is a little bigger then with shared hosting
Pippo90
From my experience, Frihost proved to be very reliable: my website has never been down with this hosting. This is far more impressive if we consider that it is free! Smile
sysna
Marcuzzo wrote:
I don't use my Frih hosting any more, I used to run my site on it but it was down for a couple of minutes every month so I moved to a paid host and my site has never been down since.
at first I used my shared hosting to test scripts but nowadays I'm running a local AMP to test my code and push it to production when OK.

my advise, If you run a professional site: Get a Paid host.

I on server 4 for 1 year and the uptime according to pingdom for the whole year is 99.99 % and i'm really satisfied with it but the only problem is that the mysql was down for some times this month, this will not cause the pingdom to report it as downtime but the website was unusable.
kinesis
I am new in frihost I tried many free hosts and got session path errors, what about frihost?
Peterssidan
kinesis wrote:
I am new in frihost I tried many free hosts and got session path errors, what about frihost?

I have never heard anyone complaining about session path errors. I don't know what gives you this error but I'm sure you can use PHP's session_start() on Frihost if that's what you want.