FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pokemon X & Y another blunder?

neozz
I have an addictive fan of pokemon. But the endless 10+ years watching now ended up because of their no meaningful things. Why ash not growing? his pickatchu still baby against x& y pokemons?? No experience points atleast?
Ankhanu
Why is Maggie still an infant? The Simpsons has been airing for 24 years...

Cartoons based around iconic characters aren't going to make sense over time.
neozz
Ankhanu wrote:
Why is Maggie still an infant? The Simpsons has been airing for 24 years...

Cartoons based around iconic characters aren't going to make sense over time.

Its not like that. Pikatchu like pokemons are still fighting from the beginning, but when they fight going to new story entirely weak. It's not fair
Ankhanu
It's not supposed to be fair; it's supposed to be serial entertainment using iconic characters to help draw in and maintain an audience. Changing characters would weaken the strength of the franchise within the context of TV, even if it may be more realistic to other aspects of the franchise (e.g. the games).

Ash and Pikachu are iconic characters, and are recognizable as symbols of the Pokemon franchise more than perhaps anything else... There's continuity and comfort in seeing an unaging Ash with his Pikachu companion... rather than an aging guy roaming the country side picking fights with children, with his tired Raichu or Pichu. No matter when they come in to the series, a kid can identify and identify with Ash, and his loveable companion.
ato784
I have always enjoyed it when ash's voice actor changes, since she usually does not get it spot on right away.