FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A movie to a video game

criticaldensity
What movie would you most like to see as a video game? Obviously I would LOVE to see Mad Max as a video game. And youd play it just like the movie. Also, make the other sequels into games also.
althalus
Mad Max is a game, though. I think it came to the Nes, or possibly the Snes (or both), back in the days.. Wink

A movie I'd like to see as a game would be any movie with Jay & Silent Bob in them. Very Happy Imagine either Jay & SIlent Bob strike back or Dogma. Would be an instant hit!
rip8fan1
In no particular order:

The Godfather
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Caddyshack
Forbidden Planet
Con Air
Silence of the Lambs
Contact

I don't have an idea for the gameplay in these games - I'd leave that to the high paid game designers!

Maybe some of these are already games? If so, I missed them or they were not good, or they were on a platform I did not have!
nickhaw
mad max as a game would be pretty sweet, but i would like to see the boondock saints turned into a game
kuad
The Jason Bourne series would be pretty good I reckon or Kill Bill.
Monkeydog
Princess Monoke if it was done right, it wouldn't though.
TeK
I want to see a Pitch Black videogame. Actually that's just me wanting another Riddick game, because Escape from Butcher Bay was great.
ManweSulimo
rip8fan1 wrote:
In no particular order:

The Godfather
[...]

Maybe some of these are already games? If so, I missed them or they were not good, or they were on a platform I did not have!

Check this out:
http://www.eagames.com/official/godfather/godfather/us/home.jsp
hcjgh
There is no possibility that you can create good game from a movie. These are two different conceptions, which have nothing in common! belief me!
Dark_Jedi06
None...movies made into video games almost always suck. Razz
traxion
i name THE MOVIES Razz

i love the game im now in jear 1950 or somethink like that and i still love it

the game is about to make a sort of hollywood u must make movies (whit the hand or u can use scritwriters) then u make ure own movie whit a crew and stuff

the movie kwalatie goes better the jear furst black and white and no sound

nou i got colors and sound it is a very good and new (gerne) game if u ask me
H3LL5P4WN
Dark_Jedi06 wrote:
None...movies made into video games almost always suck. Razz

Have you played The Matrix Online? I haven't, but the idea seems like it would translate well.
SilverDogg
a movie that is made into a game might be successful.

a game that is made into a movie is NEVER successful!

anyway, mad max already is a game. on the nes, but still a game.

i would like to see... hmm.. saw ;D

that would be one freaky and strange game! i wonder how it would be done.
H3LL5P4WN
SilverDogg wrote:
a movie that is made into a game might be successful.

a game that is made into a movie is NEVER successful!

anyway, mad max already is a game. on the nes, but still a game.

i would like to see... hmm.. saw ;D

that would be one freaky and strange game! i wonder how it would be done.

The Doom movie wasn't bad at all.
noexes89
Ahem...

http://www.idlethumbs.net/display.php?id=231

Worth a link because it has a good part at the end where it describes a good version of the Doom movie.

Yea, this is the third time I have linked to da thumb in the last twelve hours.
H3LL5P4WN
I still didn't think it was that bad. It could have been much, much worse. Like when they first started production, and it wasn't going to be on Mars, and there weren't going to be any demons...
HangoverMS
I actual started a screenplay on Freecell. But it wasn't a video game-to-movie type of thing (how boring would that be)! It was actually going to be more of a drama about a suicidal kid with chronic depression who happen to be really good at Freecell. He goes to a National Competition and gets into the finals. The other guy in the finals has friends in organized crime who have bet a lot of money on him. They try to get the depressed kid to take a dive for money. He sends the cash to a loved one. Then he goes ahead and wins anyway. The last scene of the movie is kind of like "Reservoir Dogs". He is sitting in his hotel room staring at the TV. The mobsters break in the door. The kid shows no concern and actually a bit of a grin comes across his face. The screen goes to black as guns are fired. Then the credits roll.

It is a story that reveals some truths about depression from the sufferer's point of view. In the end he is actually happy to die knowing it wasn't his own hand that caused it.

Okay! Well, I just took all the fun out of this topic! Embarassed Sorry.
NuniPio
kuad wrote:
The Jason Bourne series would be pretty good I reckon or Kill Bill.

kill bill will be an excellent game i reackon
djared90
A lot of movies that come out now also come out as video games, so there's nothing I know of that I'd like to see made as a video game.

On the other hand, video games should never, ever, ever be made into movies, or even into TV shows. Yes, in my life I have seen Mario, Donkey Kong, and even Legend of Zelda TV shows, and it does not work.