FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Firefox DNS fails when Website is up again ...

deanhills
This has been happening over the last two months. I use Firefox. So a Website like Frihost may be down, but when it is back up again, Firefox can't find it, but takes me to a silly Open DNS Guide that comes up with this irritating message:

Quote:
Hmm, www.frihost.com isn't loading right now.

The servers that run www.frihost.com are having some trouble. This is usually just a temporary problem, so you might want to try again in a few minutes.

http://www.website-unavailable.com/main?wc=EWJvGg5mAgVABxVuBwsG&url=www.frihost.com%2Fforums%2Fposting.php%3Fmode%3Dreply%26t%3D146236&servfail=&nref=&w=1280&h=878&ifc=0

Is there a way one could get past this. Used to that I could use IE as a back-up, but IE now does the same thing. I tried flushing my DNS, and that doesn't work either. Only thing that will work of course is to log out completely and log back in again, but then of course I'd have to do it the whole day long if Frihost is down the whole day. I'm using my Tor browser now. That's the only way I can know for certain whether we're up again or not. But Tor of course is very slow.

Is there something with Firefox that I could change in the settings to fix this?
Marcuzzo
Dean,
I didn't think that the website-unavailable_dot_com domain is something used by any browser at all so I did a quick google search and it took me to this forum posting
so chances are that your browser has been hijacked.

EDIT: Is it me or are the Frihost servers going down a lot the last few days? ( It isn't just me, I checked "is it down for every........" but it seems to be more often then normal)
watersoul
I've bookmarked IsUp.me recently just for Frihost. I'd definitely say the downtime is increasing in frequency and agree that the site firefox refers you (Dean) to indicates some influence outside of the browser - I also use Firefox and have never seen such a notification page myself, just 'Server not found'