FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Only one new post since last night

truespeed
The forum must of been down for some time.
Peterssidan
Yes, I have not been able to access Frihost for the whole day, until now. Glad it's back Smile
Ankhanu
Yep; I've been up and trying to log on for a good 7hr now; this is the first the host even resolved Sad
deanhills
Same here. Glad it's up again. Happened last weekend as well. Part I'm concerned about is the length of time that it was down. For hours and hours. And of course for me the experience is in dog years, multiplied by seven. Razz
standready
deanhills wrote:
And of course for me the experience is in dog years, multiplied by seven. Razz

ruff, ruff! laugh Dean!
I am glad everything is back up and running.
Hogwarts
Maybe Bondings should put the forum behind CloudFlare?
deanhills
Just shared a joke with a friend who is an expert on managing servers. He suggested he could hack his way into the Frihost servers to fix them. Sounds like a great idea to me. Twisted Evil
watersoul
Maybe Bondings has just given up on the project, moved on, and is just working to keep it running for the adsense income until the annual server space renewal date...then suddenly 'Server not found' for ever.
Apart from Mods working hard to kill the spam Frihost has felt abandonded for a while in my opinion.
grofet
I think this forum should be hosted by professional web hosting company that can handle ddos attack and other web server trouble especially for forum site. We know that there are some best free hosting run by professional to host blogs. Maybe a free forum hosting run by professional can handle all frihost trouble. Too many downtime on main frihost site will lower down the credibility as a good web hosting provider.
deanhills
Guess this is what happened. We were having a rebound in posts, and then kaboom, nose dive:

Quote:
Sat 09 November 2013: 42
Fri 08 November 2013: 35
Thu 07 November 2013: 82
Wed 06 November 2013: 89
Tue 05 November 2013: 111
Mon 04 November 2013: 103
Sun 03 November 2013: 127
Sat 02 November 2013: 61
Fri 01 November 2013: 52

Source: http://www.frihost.com/search/post_statistics.php?groupby=day
truespeed
watersoul wrote:
Maybe Bondings has just given up on the project, moved on, and is just working to keep it running for the adsense income until the annual server space renewal date...then suddenly 'Server not found' for ever.

Considering the amount of traffic it still gets and the type of traffic,I would assume frihost is a good earner,a very good earner,so I doubt Bondings would give that up.

I do think Bondings personally has lost interest in the site though.

watersoul wrote:

Apart from Mods working hard to kill the spam Frihost has felt abandonded for a while in my opinion.

I agree with that bit.
bukaida
Some professional sites also have down time. None of the sites offer 100% uptime. May be this is due to that .001% downtime suffered by every hosting.
watersoul
I use a free uptime monitoring service for my paid hosting, had 12 total minutes of 2 downtime events in the last year and emails instantly to my phone to inform me.
If I had a large forum which was down for half a day or more (regularly) I would certainly post a quick message from my phone to apologise and/or explain.

I live a very busy life as I assume most of us do, but 3-4 minutes on a smartphone is hardly expecting much to allay any fears that members may have about an apparently neglected forum/free-webhost.
When you add this to the complaints that hosting requests are being ignored I'd say that the topic "Is Frihost die" is not an irrational concern.
tonberry
Something is happening for sure, I wasn't able to access the website for 8 hours and last week the same thing has happened. I was on and off my website for a year and the worst I have encountered so far was an hour, maybe two.

There must have been some serious attacks on their server, or the mods are playing some sort of game with us. Something in the lines of "hey, let's disconnect the server twice for the whole day and ban the smartass who complains the most! Lifetime uptime of 99.9% to everyone else guaranteed on paper for their troubles."
markharris
nh IT HAD NEVER REMAIN DOWN AT MY END.
truespeed
This thread has had 101222 views in just over a month,bizarre.
jamesparker
Well its not been down at my end. Smile
truespeed
147 000 views,this surely be the most popular thread/post on frihost?
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
147 000 views,this surely be the most popular thread/post on frihost?
Right, and it even beats the Hijack thread that is much older. Well spotted!
Peterssidan
There are a few threads with more views (the Funny Google Tricks thread has almost twice as much) but they are much older.
truespeed
Is there a way of finding out the most viewed threads in phpbb2?
standready
Yawn! I have put up a few topics in the past couple of weeks (not my strong point) but trying anyway.
johans
truespeed wrote:
Is there a way of finding out the most viewed threads in phpbb2?

I think on the index or main page you can view a how many it views.
truespeed
I know if you go down viewforum you can,but in phpbb3,you have a drop down that allows you to check the most viewed topics amongst other things for a particular forum,I don't see anything like that in phpbb2.
Peterssidan
You can do it for the blogs but I don't think it's possible for the threads.
deanhills
I've been checking the number of "hits" on threads that defy logic. This thread is still a stunner now up to 175880 hits. Can't figure out the attraction.
johans
deanhills wrote:
I've been checking the number of "hits" on threads that defy logic. This thread is still a stunner now up to 175880 hits. Can't figure out the attraction.

Maybe on the subject. even me i open this post because i am interested on the subject..lol
truespeed
deanhills wrote:

Smile