FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google helpouts

truespeed
Looks a bit like a google version of fiverr only you can set the price of what it is you are expert in,so if you have unique skill or knowledge in a particular subjec it may be a good way of earning extra cash.

Link
badai
does this really work, strangers asking for help? i'm afraid only friends and family will ask, and no way we can charge them.
SonLight
I took a look at the computers and electronics category. I noticed that two offers were for free (video conferencing and coding problems in php). I assume those offers are there in order for the provider to get a good reputation, after which he/she will be charging. Most of the others had realistic but modest fees.

I suppose most real experts will use this partially to get exposure to customers needing longer-term help. There is a guarantee of satisfaction from the site, so if an issue is unrealistic to handle with reasonable effort, it would be wise to acknowledge the fact early and dispense free suggestions only. I think this would be well worth trying out for anyone who is ready to quickly judge the nature of the problem, and handle the issue in a tactful and professional manner.
Gregoric
I have to check it out as soon as I come home. Seems like Google wants to gain some money again, but now - as you said - we can earn some as well.

I think I could offer my Google Apps Script knowledge, I should see...

Thanks for posting this!