FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sylindrical

Sylin
If I were to be in touch with art, it would be pencil drawing. But I also did some paintings and installations while I was in highschool.

I was particularly interested in optical illusions:

And when I started painting, I decided to try something different and do it in layers instead:

Here's what they actually look like from the side:

It was really fun painting these, the only problem is the light reflecting off the plastic when trying to take a picture Sad

I also did one on a normal canvas:

A sun rise seen from our balcony.

Another big project I did was an installation playing with mirrors and perspectives based on a work by Olafur Elliason.
The work seen at the right angle:

The last inner triangle reflects back to the viewer, here you vaguely see my hand and the camera.

This is what it looks like normally:

The whole thing involves very little calculation because that is done with the help of an overhead projector.

Here are some pencil sketches I did back then:

The most recent work I did was around the beginning of this year, a portrait of a lady in a photograph by Dr. Vaggelis Fragiadakis:

Only these 2 images are linked to their full size. I don't have a high-quality image of my previous works unfortunately.
deanhills
That painting is pretty awesome Sylin. Also like all of the other works of art as well. Well done!
watersoul
Wow, Sylin, really cool, I especially like the illusions as I can attempt that myself, but your sketch work and 'traditional' art is brilliant, thanks for sharing it here Smile
Sylin
aww, thanks deanhills and watersoul Smile
Ankhanu
These are pretty sweet; nicely creative concepts. I quite enjoy the multi-layered painting concept.
truespeed
Some nice work there Sylin,you are very good with light effects.
Sylin
thanks Ankhanu and truespeed Surprised

You might enjoy works by Shigeo Fukuda, illusions, plays on light reflection and shadows etc.
I also find Felice Varini's work very interesting.