FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

starting ypour ownlittle computer company

dbugshe2
so i have been having this idea for a long time .... hey why don't i just start my own computer company ....... actually its not that hard.i'llbe explaining in the next post
mshafiq
I always wish to have my own company.I am computer guy.I love to solve the problem.I have greater insight to solve the problem.But unfortunately my dream is still dream.I can not take the step to have my own business.i love to have my business as i think i have great power to run it .
SpaceInvader75
I've tried to do computer repair, but I have not really figured out how to market it. I've found there is a big demand for virus removal, but that can be rather time consuming. I think I prefer to handle hardware repairs. If this is what you have in mind, please let me know how you plan to market it.

I've had some success with small ads (like classifieds) but not really enough to get things going. I don't know how many people really read those little papers (or any papers) these days.

Maybe there is a good way to market it online? I've considered making a youtube video, doing some repairs, but even then, there must be plenty of those already on youtube. I haven't given up yet though.
faruq
man, dont starting with computer repair, both software and hardware.
try to start with computer programming, sell pirated software, sell computer part, etc.
computer maintenance and repair bussiness, take your much time. but, if you have employee, no problem. dont do it yourself.
Bluedoll
dbugshe2 wrote:
so i have been having this idea for a long time .... hey why don't i just start my own computer company ....... actually its not that hard.i'llbe explaining in the next post
Will look forward in reading the next post.

I think it is a good idea when people do something they really like and enjoy. A computer enthusiast can be valuable to people who do not have knowledge, short of time, or simply need help.

Do what you love!
SpaceInvader75
Quote:
man, dont starting with computer repair, both software and hardware.
try to start with computer programming, sell pirated software, sell computer part, etc.

I have come to the conclusion that computer maintenance doesn't pay very well. I'm sure there are exceptions to this rule, but looking at the entry level technician rate, it doesn't seem like the pay is very good compared to the knowledge you have to invest in.

Also, people that just want cheap computers may not want to pay you very much to repair an old computer, because it might be better for them just to buy a new one. I know that in many cases, if they buy the cheapest computer, it may not be as great of a deal as it looks like, but people who don't know much about computers (probably your biggest customers, as a technician) don't understand that.

I think that it may take a certain type of mind to do programming. That's my theory, anyway. And I think that entry level programming jobs may indeed pay better than entry level technician jobs. Now, does one have to invest more time to learn the programming than the computer repair? I honestly don't know, but I do think that I enjoy programming more, as it seems to be more of a challenge, and even more creative. My opinions are only based on taking a couple of programming courses in college, so I'm definitely no expert at that.

It would be nice if we could hear from people that are actually programming.
Insanity
I think it depends on what kind of computer company you are thinking of. There are vairous different companies that deal with computers, from software companies like game developers to hardware companies like Intel that design the physical parts of the computers.