FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your favourite movie quote

criticaldensity
"Do ya see me Toecutter? Do ya see me man? I am the Nightrider! Born with a steering wheel in his hand and lead in his foot. I am the Nightrider. I am a fuel-injected suicide machine! I am a rocker! I am a roller! I am an out-of-controller! I am the Chosen One! The mighty hand of Vengeance! Sent down to strike the unroadworthy! I'm hotter than a rolling dice! Step right up, chum, and watch the kid lay down a rubber road right to freedom!"

The Nightrider-from Mad Max, 1979
Twisted Evil
EtherealDesert
Rooooooflmao. I can't we believe we have missed such a nice thread. Excellent quote dude. Mine is:

"How can they cut the power man? They're animals man!" Private Hudson in Aliens Wink
fecophobia
I love Bill Murray's monologue from the movie Stripes

"Cut it out! Cut it out! The hell's the matter with you? Stupid! We're all very different people; we're not watoosie, we're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital A, huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every out every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're underdogs, we're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold. But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt."

It goes on more but that's my favorite part.
rip8fan1
Darth Vader: No. I am your father.

From Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back - Episode V
Alienz
G.I.Jane:

I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself.
Xaros
"Astalavista baby" from Terminator Razz
koolbluez
It's a bird... No, It's a plane.... No, It's Superman

Lex Luthor: This is Lex Luthor. Only one thing alive with less than four legs can hear this frequency, Superman, and that's you.

Clark Kent: Really, Lois, supposing that man had shot you? Is it worth risking your life over ten dollars, two credit cards, a hairbrush, and a lipstick?
Lois Lane: How did you know that?
Clark Kent: Know what?
Lois Lane: You just described the exact contents of my purse.
Clark Kent: Hmm. Lucky guess Wink

My name's Bond, James Bond
nakamaru
Yes everything is "eatable" even I'm "eatable" but that is called can-i-bal-i-sm and it's frowned upon in modern society.
Adrenalin
Del Boy: This time next year, we'll be millionaires!
(Only Fools And Horses)
GrimReaper77
I never miss the repeats...

Legend of Ron Burgundy:

I'm storming your castle on my steed, m'lady.
By the beard of Zeus!
You're so wise. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered with hair. (to his dog Baxter)
Ioana
My favourite movie quote is in Brazil, Terry Gilliam quoting the montage of Sergei Eisensteins "battelship Potiomkin". He gives the same suspance of the scene of the battle on the staircases in Odessa. In Brazil it takes place on the staircase of the ministry of truth. All the participants are there in his version, only there is a hoover instead of the buggy in Eisensteins film.
CrimsonStrange
From O Brother, Where Art Thou? -

Ulysses Everett McGill: (George Clooney) - "You two are just dumber than a bag of hammers."
lyndonray
"I kill a communist for fun. But for a green card, I'll carve him up real nice!" - Tony Montana, Scarface. (of course no offense to any communists out there!)
Naif
"Sorry. Nobody is down here but the FBIs most unwanted." Fox Mulder from The X Files.

"Dont let the past dictate who you are but let it be part of who you'll become" from My big fat greek wedding

"Liggett: Lightman, maybe you can tell us who first suggested the idea of reproduction without sex.
Lightman: Hmm.. your wife?" - Wargames (lolz)
hodgenpodg
"makes you wonder doesnt it" "wonder what?" "whether shes wearing anything under that toga" Ghostbusters
Yjaxygames
nakamaru wrote: wrote:
Yes everything is "eatable" even I'm "eatable" but that is called can-i-bal-i-sm and it's frowned upon in modern society.

That was a really good one.

My favourite is:

"My father made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
What was that?
Luca Brasi, held a gun to his head, and my father assured him, that either his brain or his signature would be on the contract. "
KungFuChris
Quite probably every Arnie one liner in his most cheesey movies.

*Thwack* "Stick around!"

Always gives me the giggles.
koolbluez
Quote:
That was so touchin Crying or Very sad

By many... many... many villians to the other characters in many... many... many movies...
Masochistic Tendencies
"You never get so attached to something that you can't walk out in thirty seconds or less if you feel the heat around the corner." Twisted Evil
aalmighty
"What if you don't come up with your original idea? How would you feel when I'm selected for wheeler and you're not? What If you lose?"

-James Hansen, A Beautiful Mind.

Oh, and could somebody tell me what game are Nash and hansen playing in that particular scene? Y'know the one with white and black pegs?
LKF
"Who are you?" - Mandy Patinkin
"No one of consequence." - Cary Elwes
"I must know." - Mandy
"Get used to disappointment." - Cary
"...'Kay." - Mandy
*fencing resumes*

Yep.
DarthSilus
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalks us all our lives-- but I'd rather beleive that Time is a companion, who goes with us on a jounrey, reminds us to cherish every moment... because it'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all, Numer One, we're only mortal."
-"Captain Picard", ST: Generations

"There's where your destiny lies; not in the charting and mapping of stars and nebula, but in the exploration of the unknown possibilities of human existance."
-"Q", ST: The Next Generation, All Good Things, prt II
Heck yes Cool
spelbound
"No Wire Hangers"

Classic line.
Sappho
"Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me. Aren't you?"

The Graduate
Mr_Grey
"I dont know about you, but I'm havin' a ball!"
~Marv from Sin City, when hes dragging a guy facedown into the pavement while hes speeding down the freeway.

"No Ticket. . ."
~Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

"Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"
~Obi Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: A New Hope

"The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand... MEDIC!"
~Starship Troopers

"HALLELUJHA!, HOLY SH%&!, Wheres the tylenol?"
~National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

"Bartender! Give me a bottle of your finest wine! (under breath) make that your cheapest....."
~Dungeons and Dragons
Dean_The_Great
Inigo: Who are you?
Man in Black: No one of consequence.
Inigo: I must know.
Man in Black: Get used to disappointement.

(Princess Bride, during the "chatty duel")
e-core
"Whats a good plate, with nothing on it" - Jay - Clerks.[/quote]
S3nd K3ys
Either:

Office Space wrote:

Milton: "I believe you have my stapler"

Or:

Pulp Fiction wrote:
Jimmie: "Now let me ask you a question, Jules. When you drove in here, did you notice a sign out in front that said, "Dead ***** storage"?"
Jules: "Jimmie..."
Jimmie: "Answer the question! Did you see a sign out in front of my house that said "Dead ***** storage"?"
Jules: "Naw man, I didn't."
Jimmie: "You know why you didn't see that sign?"
Jules: "Why?"
Jimmie: "'Cause storin' dead ***** ain't my ******' business!"
Scaramanga
"Considering what your people did to my people during WWII, I'd say a little kissing and breast fondling is minor reparations at best."

(Anyone who knows that film has my undying respect.)
James Bond-007
koolbluez wrote:
My name's Bond, James Bond

Hey, that's my favorite too! (go figure)
shabda
If I have said it once, I have said it hundred times.(Translated)
Rajnikant, an Indian actor.

K K Kiran.
Shahrukh, another Indian actor.
Kiran is the girl he is in love with so madly that he cant even take his name without stammering. Its the way he said it that made all the difference.
mrblah
These are from Real Genius

"This...this is ice. This is what happens when water gets cold.
This...this is Kent. This is what happens when two people get sexually frustrated."

and

"He has his name on his liscence plate"
"My mom does the same thing to my underwear"
"Your mom put's liscence plates in your underwear?"
kevbailey
Troy
Odysseus: "[voiceover] Men are haunted by the vastness of eternity. And so we ask ourselves: will our actions echo across centuries? Will strangers hear our names long after we are gone, and wonder who we were, how bravely we fought, how fiercely we loved?"

Troy (again...)
Priam: "I've fought many wars in my time. Some I've fought for land, some for power, some for glory. I suppose fighting for love makes more sense than all the rest."

Taken (TV Miniseries)
Allie: "My mother always talked to me a lot about the sky. She liked to watch the clouds in the day and the stars at night...especially the stars. We would play a game sometimes, a game called "What's Beyond the Sky?" We would imagine darkness or a blinding light or something else that we didn't know how to name. But of course, that was just a game. There's nothing beyond the sky. The sky just is, and it goes on and on, and we play all of our games beneath it."
Allie: "People are lonely in this world for lots of different reasons. Some people have something in their disposition. Maybe they were just born too mean, or maybe they were born too tender. But most people are brought to where they are by circumstance, by calamity or a broken heart or something else happening in their lives that wasn't anything they planned on. People are lonely in this world for lots of different reasons. The one thing that I do know is, it doesn't matter what any one of them might tell you--nobody wants to be alone."
Allie: "Everyone knows not to stare into the sun. It's something your mother tells you when you're a kid. "Don't look at the sun or you'll go blind." But sometimes you want to understand something so badly that you'll risk going blind for just a glimpse of what it all might be about."

-There are so many good quotes... but these were my top 5 (in no particular order)
koolbluez
Matrix fav quotes:

Morpheus: I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.

Morpheus: Stop trying to hit me and hit me!

Neo: What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?
Morpheus: No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to.

Morpheus: Throughout human history, we have been dependent on machines to survive. Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony.

The Architect: Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. (Matrix Reloaded)

Link (about Neo flying): He's doing his Superman thing.

Merovingian: I love the French language.... fantastic language, especially to curse with... it's like wiping your arse with silk (Matrix Reloaded)

Agent Smith: Still using all the muscles except the one that matters.

Agents about Neo: "...only human."
Neo about agents: "Hmm. Upgrades."

Agent Smith about Human beings: Human beings are a disease a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure.

Mouse: To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human.

Morpheus: You have to let it all go, Neo. Fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free your mind.

zebrabongo
Masochistic Tendencies wrote:
"You never get so attached to something that you can't walk out in thirty seconds or less if you feel the heat around the corner." Twisted Evil

Either that one or from the same movie:

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone.
'Cause there is a dead man on the other end of this ******' line
mrblah

________

I think Pacino said some great stuff in that as well but I don't have the exact words. One was where he's in a club and he's making fun of his informants brother and the other one was where he's blowing up at his drugged up wife and takes a TV. I've watched this movie like a hundred times but can never remember those parts.
Natrualkiller
"you will shot your eye out" Smile near christmas thought i poped it out
zebrabongo
mrblah wrote:

________

I think Pacino said some great stuff in that as well but I don't have the exact words. One was where he's in a club and he's making fun of his informants brother and the other one was where he's blowing up at his drugged up wife and takes a TV. I've watched this movie like a hundred times but can never remember those parts.

Kinda like this?

"I'm angry. I'm very angry, Ralph. You know, you can ball my wife if she wants you to. You can lounge around here on her sofa, in her ex-husband's dead-tech, post-modernistic bullshit house if you want to. But you do not get to watch my ****** television set! "
lazaruz
Con Air!

Green: “Define irony. A bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.”
eepman
1. http://www.wikiquote.org
Great resource. When you're gonna quote somthin please get it right. Really annoying when someone screws up a great quote.

2. "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"<Monty Python and The Holy Grail>(Duh, obviously!) Very Happy
seanooi
Xaros wrote:
"Astalavista baby" from Terminator Razz

I like that quote too! Very Happy
it just sounds so......cool Razz
criticaldensity
ok, i thought of more:

Smokey and the Bandit... "Hold your head Fred"

Raiders of the Lost Ark.... "Asps! Veddy dangerous. You go first"

Better off Dead.... "TWO DOLLARS!! "
matt.gagnon
"Shut up and sit down, you big, bald ******."

It's when cousin Avi arrives in London from New York and tells Doug the Head to, well, you know, sit down and such.
ainieas
Rain (Michelle Rodriguez): When I get outta here, think I'm gonna get laid. Cool

Resident Evil
kv007
Bond Quotes
Trevelyan- "For England James?"
Bond- "No, For Me."

Bond- "I want to see Valentine Zukovsky."
Man- "Impossible."
Bond- "Tell him James Bond is here... Now!"

Other Quotes

Air Force One
President- "Get off my plane!"

Okay... that's all that I can think of right at the moment but I'll be sure to post some more later.
inman
Saw
Jigsaw - "Game Over"
Alienz
Lord Of The Ring
Arwen - "If you want him, come and claim him."
duckmandrake54
"Ladies theres a code red quarantine in effect. I'm going to have to do a strip search on you."

-Weird soldier in DOOM
jamc100
Charade (1963) Audrey Hepburn said to Cary Grant "You Know what's wrong with you" Cary: "No What?" Hepburn: "Absolutely Nothing."

I read somewhere that they used that in his Eulogy when he died.

Also in the same movie she put her finger on the dimple in his chin and asked "How do you shave in there?" Smile Classic!
Caesar_
"They are based by something that now it seems to be a forgoten word, honor..."

From the movie "The last samurai"
April_May
10 things i hate about you

hkk.. Am i that coherent? I want you. I need you.. Oh baby, oh baby.

"I just delivered a baby to a sixteen year old girl, do you know what she said to me?" - "im a crackh## who shouldve made my bf wear a **sock**?" "close, she said 'i shouldve listened to my father!" "she did not!" "Well she wouldve if she wasnt so doped up!!" - Classic

"I want you to wear THE BELLY!!!!!" nock nock "So who nockd up ur sister?"
marekdebowski
"There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I'll lay my vengeance upon thee." I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a ****** before you popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this mornin' made me think twice. Now I'm thinkin': it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd."

Pulp Fition Very Happy
monkeystravels
Terminator:

“I’ll be back”

The Mask of Zorro:

De la Vega – ‘Do you know how to use that thing?’ (his sword)

Zorro – ‘Yes. The pointy end goes in the other guy…’
Govind
Quote:
It's a walk in the Park

- Tom Cruise in TopGUN!!

Quote:
Its classified. I'll tel you, but then I`ll ve to kill you.

- Same movie
marekdebowski
These are the quotes I really like:

The Matrix:
"I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'll hang up this phone. And then I'll show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you."

Dead Poets Society:
"Boys, you must strive to find your own voice. Because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all. Thoreau said, "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation." Don't be resigned to that. Break out!"

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back:
"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hm? And well you should not. For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it. Makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us, and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you. Here between you, me, the rock, the tree, everywhere. Yes, even between land and ship."

Taxi Driver:
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who do you think you're talking to? Oh yeah? Huh? Ok."
WinterSun
"Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?"
"Hell, nobody understands the words that are comming out of ur mouth"
Blaster
Joe Dirt

"So you ate off a giant hung of frozen crap."

And

Dukes of Hazzard

"I am going to wash you and clean you and take good care of you."
Lennon
Lord of the rings

Battle at helm's Deep. (Rohan to the rescue)

"On the first light of the fifth day, look to the east, and there you will see a white rider"
Magicoman
My favorite quote would probably get deleted for language!!
But my next fav would be...

"We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the Desert...
when the drugs began to take hold!"

kiranaghor
"Think about an idea that can change the world and put it into action."
--PAY IT FORWARD.
Lennon
And then there's pulp fiction

Quote:
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and a finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
- Jules' version of Ezekiel 25:17
timothymartin
"Welcome to the Rock"

"Inconceivable"

"Your best.. losers always wine about their best.."

"Ok, what do you mean?"

"Life is like a box of chocolates"

"There can be only one!"

"Its better to burn out than to fade away"

"I am not left handed"

"Supercalifragilisticexpealidocius"
ankur2010
Alta la Vista baby

In terminator by Arnold...!! Cool
Iceaxe0410
There are so many lines in film that are my favorite. I think the ones I like the most are from Arnold Schwarzenegger. The first one that comes to mind is:

"Remember, Sully, when I promised to kill you last? I lied!"

That comes from one of my all time favorite films "Commando." Such a classic. I think Arnold gave the best delivery of the line "I lied" that I've seen in a film. It might cheesy, but it still makes me smirk when I see that scene.
Nyasro
hmm.. i don't think i have one. Razz
pravojednostavno
Alta la Vista baby - Terminator
Pippo90
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnVX-uv-QPc

Uncomfortable silences from Pulp Fiction (although it's a full dialogue).

But in all Tarantino's movies there are plenty of other nice quotations... Wink
auldaviemore
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

From The Italian Job with Michael Caine

The explosion, although planned, was a bit bigger and louder than expected and the film crew didn't let the local police know.............

Caused a few phone calls to 999 that day...

LMAO
codersfriend
This line is used for numerous characters facing near death experience which was originally from Poltergeist (1982)

Carol Anne - listen to me. Do NOT go into the light. Stop where you are. Turn away from it. Don't even look at it. - Diane
codersfriend
"I'll be back"
-Terminator