FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Going to school, or reading book

Sodisna
I'm interesting in learning about computer programming, however, people often say I would be better off in learning on my own by reading books, doing online tutorials and what-not.
dmbi601
Perhaps you can try lynda.com. Their videos are good.

Once you know one language, you can learn other languages easily.
mshafiq
I was always trying to learn new thing.I was very curious about computer and computer related things.
I tried to learn all about computer all by my self.
Nick2008
It is probably better to learn on your own. You can go at your own pace and learn many extra things that may not be shown to you at a school. And you'll probably save a lot of money too!
codegeek
The fact of the matter is that nobody can teach you programming; you have to learn it on your own. Programming, like math, is not a spectator sport. You learn to code by coding, making mistakes, and then fixing your code. You can also learn by studying programs written by professional programmers. Yes, you can take classes to learn the basic syntax and programming methodologies. Even so, the actual implementation of these concepts in your own program is what makes you a programmer. So, why not cut the middle man, and learn the syntax on your own as well? There are plenty of books and videos available out there. Make use of them. Take up a small project and start working on it. It could be as simple or as complex as you want, though I'd advise you to start small. Best of luck!
standready
I always try to learn things on my own first. There are many great on-line tutorials for computer programming. Learn by example.
geekbackpacker
reading book and asking here
playfungames
The best way that I've found on learning is by using online videos. Find a nice course that you want to learn on YouTube and then focus seriously on watching a certain number of videos per day. Learn and practice it in your computer. Make notes as well. Then you will easily learn.

If you do not find a proper course at YouTube then you can always switch to paid options such as Lynda.com. It's good in teaching you lots of stuffs.
Pippo90
Definitely read books, watch tutorial and start to program on your own as soon as possible. The best way to learn computer science topics is self-taught, IMHO.