FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Android's getting worse since Jellybean.

harrer
The ICS experience used to be the best.
But now, Google's trying to invade more and more into the privacy of people.

For example, you need to have a google account if you want to use the youtube app.
You need a G+ account to rate apps.
Even chrome asks you to log in (it's optional though)

What this means is that if anyone picks up your phone, he/she has access to every account of yours.
Ain't it dangerous?

I used to like the ICS environment, where you would only use your google account to download apps.
badai
a part from your example, the rest of the user experience is much, much better. i'm on CM10.2 now (JB 4.3), it has many more features compare to ICS.

by the way, you don't have to install official youtube to watch youtube. almost any browser can be use. you will be taken to its' mobile site. beside the official youtube will keep running in the background, so better be off without it.

i agreed with the absurdness of requiring google+ to rate app on market. too bad we can't rate without google+ account. who use google+ anyway?
harrer
badai wrote:
a part from your example, the rest of the user experience is much, much better. i'm on CM10.2 now (JB 4.3), it has many more features compare to ICS.

That's because you're on a custom ROM.
I've used the stock ICS and Jeellybean on tablets, and the new hybrid interface is plain silly.
Who needs 2 menus and buttons on the center?

Uses up lot of screen area.
Nyasro
Yeah i didnt like jellybean either Razz
aayushsrivastava14
I dont think that al all. In fact I found it really good and engaging. Android is getting better with every release, face it or leave it!
Nyasro
Really android is getting worse after new update
and i am not enjoying new android Sad
Vanilla
aayushsrivastava14 wrote:
I dont think that al all. In fact I found it really good and engaging. Android is getting better with every release, face it or leave it!

I have a Nexus 4 running Android Kit Kat (version 4.4.2) and I can't complain, really. What I have noticed is that Kit Kat is much lighter than Jelly Beanm thus Jelly Bean would need better software to run properly. Still, even when my Nexus 4 was running Jelly Bean I didn't have any problems. The thing is powerful and I'm only exchanging it for a Nexus 5. Very Happy
SlashnburnSoftwareStudio
Jellybean, Ice cream, KitKat major sugar rush going on in Google
badai
what with all these newbie digging up ancient posts? don't they know we don't give free account anymore?