FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Antivirus for Android

Do you recommend antivirus for Android mobiles?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

cybersa
Do you recommend antivirus for Android mobile?
If yes,Which one you recommend?

Don't forget to vote Wink
badai
i just use mylookout. not really sure if it can be categorize as antivirus, but it do scan for malware. been using since windows mobile days.
Marcuzzo
I don't have any AV running on my droid but then again I don't really install a lot on the device. unless it's open source and I've actually reviewed the code.

then there's also the fact that malware can sneak in while browsing so I try to minimize my browsing to the sites that are known to be safe, and even then you can't tell if the site has been compromised.

here's one that will most definitely start a discussion: I just don't like the way they've ( Google ) set up Android.

you either grant ALL the rights an application needs OR you can't install it.
as a user I feel that I should be able to decide which rights an App will be granted.

eg: a cardgame that doesn't have multiplayer functionality should not ask for network access permission or even My Location.
cybersa
Marcuzzo wrote:
I don't have any AV running on my droid but then again I don't really install a lot on the device. unless it's open source and I've actually reviewed the code.

then there's also the fact that malware can sneak in while browsing so I try to minimize my browsing to the sites that are known to be safe, and even then you can't tell if the site has been compromised.

here's one that will most definitely start a discussion: I just don't like the way they've ( Google ) set up Android.

you either grant ALL the rights an application needs OR you can't install it.
as a user I feel that I should be able to decide which rights an App will be granted.

eg: a cardgame that doesn't have multiplayer functionality should not ask for network access permission or even My Location.

Mostly apps have Network Access and Location permission for Google Ads or Other Ads to display on your mobile based on your location.

It will be good for developer to earn some money.
But some developer miss using this permission by sharing personal info.