FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free Domains

EliteDeeds
I am using a .tk domain. Are they SEO/search engine friendly? I read that google deleted a bunch of co.cc ones for spam or something. Does that mean they 'hate' all free domains?
RoylanM
.tk is a good domain but most say it's not very SEO friendly, I use .tk for testing my projects online but nothing serious. Google doesn't hate all free domains, they just hate the spammers and stuff.
dude_xyx
Nothing like a real domain. These days you can get a .com domain name from Godaddy for less than $3.
Peterssidan
dude_xyx wrote:
These days you can get a .com domain name from Godaddy for less than $3.

Really? Is that some kind of offer? When I go to GoDaddys website it says a new .com domain costs $12.99 and renewal $14.99.
zimmer
EliteDeeds wrote:
I am using a .tk domain. Are they SEO/search engine friendly? I read that google deleted a bunch of co.cc ones for spam or something. Does that mean they 'hate' all free domains?

I have used .tk before but after 2 years they suddenly cut off my domain without any warnings. But its a good start as a domain.
abhinavm24
bad bad bad provider.
RoylanM
To the sir who posted before me, your post doesn't explain your claim, can you please give the details explaining so they we all can be clear on where your opinions come from.
75alex
I'm using .tk for my website, I am having a bit of trouble getting referenced correctly on google but it's probably more because of my poor SEO knowledge ! I had a problem where they redirected my website to a sedoparking crap, but it was because of my old free host that had lots of downtime, i think as long as you use a decent hosting and dont break the .tk TOS you won't have any trouble.
abhinavm24
.tk is too good.
i have used it quite a number of times. Laughing
i gets the job done, additionally no seo problems experienced so far.
Nick2008
.TK is probably the best free domain you can use; it is at top-level domain after all. Although officially speaking, Google supposedly does not put much weight into the domain name for indexing, I have had a much better experience getting a .com indexed over a .tk. .TK domains don't rank as high internationally because they are a country specific domain. A .TK domain would rank high for people using Google in Tokelau. Razz
ezhost
I dont think free domain such as ".tk" is a good choice. Free stuffs sometimes are more expensive. Google has banned most of tk domains