FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CPU Limits

EliteDeeds
Greetings, I have tried several other free hosts before this, however while setting up my SMF it would lock. I'd be redirected to redirect.main-hosting.com and the sit would hang. When asked I was told my CPU limit was reached.

Will the above happen here too? I mean, during the initial setup/portal and package install/testing/themes the resource usage will go way down. However, it takes a bout 3 hours to get it all set up and for it to freeze just when I am done really sucks. HAHA

I am making an SMF forum to point friends and family to so they can donate for me a new laptop. The ex got the good equipment in the divorce and this 2009 machine is just not cutting it. I have a chance to get a good job as a virtual assistant online, but my machine is to old to run the software. They require Win8 and this machine barely runs XP.

Anyway, if there is a CPU limit, is it possible to let me slide until I get the forum up?

Also, what is the limit, how can I monitor it so I can ensure I don't have bad code. The code I am using will be straight from SMF with no modifications on my end, so it should be tight and clean.

Thanks a ton,
ED
Peterssidan
No that will not happen here. There is no strict CPU limit that kicks in automatically as far as I know and setting up a forum is a normal thing to do. Nothing that should cause any problems.
deanhills
EliteDeeds wrote:
Also, what is the limit, how can I monitor it so I can ensure I don't have bad code. The code I am using will be straight from SMF with no modifications on my end, so it should be tight and clean.

Thanks a ton,
ED

The limits are 1500 MB of disk space and 35 GB of traffic. Way to monitor it is in your cPanel. It will show you the percentage of bandwidth you've been using. You should start to worry if too much percentage of bandwidth is being used, and particularly when you're in the red zone too early. If there is a spike in the percentage, you may have a problem and then should check your files.

In my own experience I usually check the mysql databases first, as quite often the problem is reflected in an out of ordinary large growing database. Could be that there are some files like MP3s or any others for downloading and there is more traffic than there should be. Or you could be spammed or DDoSed. But usually the mysql database size would tell you if there is a problem.