FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Laptop Overheating just after installing Windows 8.1 Pro

surajkrstha
In Windows 8 Pro there was no this problem. But just after installing Widows 8.1 Pro(final version), CPU fans are always On with flowing hot air. Only I have this problem or other 8.1 users have the same overheating problem? I have installed all drivers. i think it's a bug.
crystalkey
Windoze is a virus .... Smile
freepgu
You can use resmonitor to monitor all your activity on your laptop or use taskmanager with (Ctrl Shift Esc) and see which processes using cpu and ram, after find this process kill it!!
skon88
Have you tried updating your windows to see if that solves the problem?
deanhills
surajkrstha wrote:
In Windows 8 Pro there was no this problem. But just after installing Widows 8.1 Pro(final version), CPU fans are always On with flowing hot air. Only I have this problem or other 8.1 users have the same overheating problem? I have installed all drivers. i think it's a bug.
Looks as though this is a known issue. Here's a discussion I found when I googled the subject - got some recommendations as well:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/laptop-overheats-after-windows-81-installation/1bb6081b-9c2a-435a-be49-4dbb305bc400
coolclay
Interesting I hadn't heard about this issue. To be honest I have very little understanding of Windows 8 but heard it was kind of a flop. Are there any features you like with 8.1 that 7 didn't have. If not I would just suggest going back to 7.

Let us know how you make out.
Blummer
I've personally have no idea...wonder what's the temperature, have you tried detecting that from BIOS or any software?

While I haven't had that issue with my 8.1, it can be a bug
william
Don't know if it's still a problem, but when you installed Windows 8.1, did you install the update from Windows 8, or did you do a clean install? If the former, I would suggest doing a reformat and reinstallation. My laptop was basically forced to update to 8.1 (just happened one night) and I'm still finding bugs. Some examples: Eclipse no longer works, Inventor no longer works, touchpad gestures have disappeared, the cursor disappears requiring a reboot, the integrated graphics don't switch to dedicated properly, My Computer (sorry, "This PC") hangs up because it keeps searching for a network drive, etc.