FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Saving emails to computer

GuidanceReader
I have an email account associated with my domain name, hosted here. I have been trying to figure out how to download the emails that I have stored there to my computer, so I can free up some space, but have no idea.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've tried looking in the webmail clients for options, as well as my directadmin access.

Thanks in advance!
deanhills
There could be easier ways, but I've seen people at work configuring their Outlook so they can access their Webmail accounts. Once you can download your e-mails through Outlook, I'd imagine it would be easy to save them to your hard disk. Here are some of the steps for setting up your Outlook to access your Webmail:
http://www.hosting.com/support/email/outlook/
sysna
I think you should look at the file manager in the direct admin panel, look for folders like mail, email , etc. the files containing your emails should be in such folders.
GuidanceReader
I can find a mail directory file, but none containing my emails :/
deanhills
GuidanceReader wrote:
I can find a mail directory file, but none containing my emails :/
Which e-mail program are you using to read your Webmail? Horde, RoundCube, SquirrelMail Webmail?

Here's a YouTube Tutorial to show you how to get into any of the above alternatives, as they're usually the three options you can use. See whether the one works better than the other? Could be that only one of them is working, and you're working with the one that is not working.

sonam
RoundCube have option Download (.eml) in "More action" menu. You can download any e-mail separately and then open with some installed software (for example Outlook express, etc.).

Sonam
deanhills
sonam wrote:
RoundCube have option Download (.eml) in "More action" menu. You can download any e-mail separately and then open with some installed software (for example Outlook express, etc.).

Sonam
Great to know Sonam. RoundCube is my favourite of the three standard Webmail software.
sonam
deanhills wrote:
sonam wrote:

Sonam
Great to know Sonam. RoundCube is my favourite of the three standard Webmail software.

Mine too. Smile

Sonam