FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary

medesignz
The Doctor Who 50th anniversary teaser trailer is now available to watch on the BBC website.

I am so very excited.
Ankhanu
Yeah, it should be a romp Smile
I looks like my wife, daughter and I are going to one of my wife's employees' home to watch it as an almost party thing.
Mrs_Robota
That's a very old serie, I never could see any episode, it was never broadcasted in my country, but I learnt about it by internet
medesignz
You can watch almost all of the episodes on video streaming websites, or of course you can buy the DVDs.

Its going to be broadcast across the world at the same time Smile
codersfriend
I wish I could keep up with the previous episodes. Anyway what do you think is the key episodes to watch first before watching this?
Ankhanu
You'll need the whole of the last season.
medesignz
codersfriend wrote:
I wish I could keep up with the previous episodes. Anyway what do you think is the key episodes to watch first before watching this?

I would suggest the whole of the last series, but if you are limited, below are probably the most important for the arc.
    Asylum of the Daleks
    The Snowmen
    The Bells of Saint John
    The Crimson Horror
    Nightmare in Silver
medesignz
So did anyone else see the episode? What did you think of it?
Ankhanu
Watched it twice now Wink
We went to one of my wife's coworker's to watch it on Saturday, then watched it at home with other friends Sunday. Overall, I quite enjoyed it; it's a pretty good exploration of who/what is The Doctor... though the Doctor has been many different people, there is a commonality, even if he/they don't always remember that.

I don't want to get into too much quite yet... ya know, spoilers and all... but hey, it's already aired. If you're going to have something spoiled, well, you've had a couple days to catch up Wink
codersfriend
cool I want to check it out
codersfriend
The next episode would be the regeneration of the 11th doctor
medesignz
codersfriend wrote:
Well, the number of the Doctors is now considered to be controversial, as Moffat has said that the handy should be considered as a full regeneration.
Ankhanu
medesignz wrote:
codersfriend wrote:
Well, the number of the Doctors is now considered to be controversial, as Moffat has said that the handy should be considered as a full regeneration.

Has he? That's interesting Razz
mattk71
I really enjoyed watching it. I got into Doctor Who earlier this year.
medesignz
Ankhanu wrote:
Has he? That's interesting Razz
Yeah, it was in a roundabout sort of way. But counting him and the Warrior Doctor, Matt Smiff is actually #13!!!
Ankhanu
Hmm... I see.
Though in Day of the Doctor there were only 13 Doctors, including Hurt and Capaldi present at the Battle of Gallifrey.
Mrs_Robota
I'm starting to watch this serie, I like it, but it has really heartbreaking episodes...
markharris
i liked it, so interesting
standready
I am watching Doctor Who on PBS. Only thing is they are 1 year behind in the series. If I wanted to pay for premium TV, I could get BBC America and be current.
I can't find any place on the web that will allow me to watch more current episodes.
codersfriend
I have watched this. Very entertaining indeed
codersfriend
standready wrote:
I am watching Doctor Who on PBS. Only thing is they are 1 year behind in the series. If I wanted to pay for premium TV, I could get BBC America and be current.
I can't find any place on the web that will allow me to watch more current episodes.

You can watch this online. I go to http://www.tvids.net/. Doctor who is the most watched series here
standready
codersfriend wrote:
You can watch this online. I go to http://www.tvids.net/. Doctor who is the most watched series here

Cool! Thanks for the link. As I said, PBS is at least a year behind and disrupting schedule with 'pledge breaks' making it a pain to stick with the program.
codersfriend
Hey just watched the latest episode yesterday, the 'Time of the Doctor'. That was also epic
RoylanM
I used to read a lot of Doctor Who when I was a small lad.
DerIcyferg
The episode was terrible, the Zygons were underwhelming and fake, and the Tom Baker appearance made no sense.