FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best non shedding dog

deloria
What are some good non shedding, hypo-allergetic dogs?
standready
Poodles! They come in all sizes - from toy to standard. I had a toy (small) as a child. A friend of mine has standard (think German Shepard in size) and is a very friendly and extremely protective.

Poodles have also been cross-bred into many different 'designer dogs' as such as a chip-po. labber-doodles, etc. to eliminate shedding.
Vanilla
I have a dachshund and he doesn't shed. He does have a bit of a temper and he doesn't like people other than my family. I enjoy his company. Very Happy
fuzzkaizer
must be a bald dog then, i guess... shure they bred allready naked dogs, like they did with mice, too.
so this would be a real reason to buy him funny little dresses for dogs, i allready saw people who put clothes on their dogs, but rather for their own fun, i guess.
i also remember having seen sort of a very old dog, which had nearly lost all of his hair, he seemed to be a really poor one to me. this one maybe would have apreciated a cover.
BigGeek
standready wrote:
Poodles! They come in all sizes - from toy to standard. I had a toy (small) as a child. A friend of mine has standard (think German Shepard in size) and is a very friendly and extremely protective.

Poodles have also been cross-bred into many different 'designer dogs' as such as a chip-po. labber-doodles, etc. to eliminate shedding.

Totally agree, I had a little 8lb. guy that was the best dog ever and was so smart. He was soft and never made me itch or get watery eyes. Every one I know that is allergic to dogs was not bothered by his fur. I have a female dog now and she sheds, her fur is soft but it will make my eyes water if I get too close to her. But my little buddy, he never bothered me like that, not even in the least.

A woman around the corner from where I live has a daughter that is allergic to everything and very sensitive to pets, my little poodle Jasper would play with her all day and she was not bothered by him.

Speaking from experience I say Poodles!!
markharris
BigGeek wrote:
standready wrote:

Totally agree, I had a little 8lb. guy that was the best dog ever and was so smart. He was soft and never made me itch or get watery eyes. Every one I know that is allergic to dogs was not bothered by his fur. I have a female dog now and she sheds, her fur is soft but it will make my eyes water if I get too close to her. But my little buddy, he never bothered me like that, not even in the least.

A woman around the corner from where I live has a daughter that is allergic to everything and very sensitive to pets, my little poodle Jasper would play with her all day and she was not bothered by him.

Speaking from experience I say Poodles!!

Yeah i agree...