FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Raymond E Fiest

Fivetide
Raymond E. Feist is a Southern California by birth and a San Diegan by choice. He was educated at the University of California, San Diego, where he took his B.A. in Communication Arts with Honors in 1977

A New York Times and Times of London Best-seller, he is the author of Magician, Silverthorn, and A Darkness at Sethanon, the three novels comprising The Riftwar Saga. Other works include the Empire Trilogy, co-authored by Janny Wurts, Prince of the Blood, The King's Buccaneer, and Faerie Tale a dark-fantasy set in contemporary America, as well as the Serpentwar Saga and The Riftwar Legacy series, which is based in part on the hugely successful computer games set in his universe, Betrayal at Krondor and Return to Krondor.

Recently collaborations in the Legends of the Riftwar, include Honoured Enemy with William Forstchen, Murder in LaMut with Joel Rosenberg, and Jimmy the Hand with Steve Stirling. He is currently finishing off Exiles Return the third book in the Conclave of the Shadows Series, following on from Talon of the Silver Hawk and King of Foxes respectively.

Hobbies include collecting movies on DVD, fine wine, books on the history of Professional Football, and the works of American Illustrators.

Hes one of the best authors in the owrld, Not only did he create one of the best fantasy worls ever from writing "The Magician" , but he has produced offshoots - parralel stories and colaberations with other top authers. The books flow and are un-put-downable. If you are going to read his books start with the Magician and then choose the path you want to read, its amazing how he put stuff in the firs books, that then are part of other books. amazing !!
GO the rift wars !!

This a good link

http://www.crydee.com/

Riftwar Saga
Empire Trilogy

Krondor's Sons

Riftwar Stories
Magician
Daughter of the Empire
Prince of the Blood
Silverthorn
Servant of the Empite
The Kings Buccaneer
A Darkness at Sethanon
Mistress of the Empire

Serpent War
Riftwar Legacy
Legends of the Riftwar
Shadow of a Dark Queen
Krondor the Betrayal
Honoured Enemy
Rise of a Merchant Prince
Krondor The Assassins
Murder in LaMut
Rage of a Demon King
Krondor tear of the Gods
Jimmy the Hand
Shards of a Broken Crown
Krondor: The Crawler

Krondor: The Dark Mage

Conclave of the Shadows
Darkwar Saga
Other Titles
Talon of the Silver Hawk
Flight Of The Nighthawks
Faerie Tale
King of Foxes
Into a Dark Realm
Jigsaw Lady
Exile's Return
Wrath of a Mad God

He written alot of books

wetair
I love him and I've read most of his books. Most recently, exile's return.
I've trying to find Pug's books, but no luck.
kany
What do you mena by i have tried to find pugs books .
Is there any seperate series for pug.
wetair
I don't mean that Pug has a series all his own. I don't think he does. But there there are two books called Magician: Apprentice and Magician: Master. Not sure where they fit. Maybe the Riftwar Saga? I've been looking for the master book.
Scaramanga
wetair wrote:
I don't mean that Pug has a series all his own. I don't think he does. But there there are two books called Magician: Apprentice and Magician: Master. Not sure where they fit. Maybe the Riftwar Saga? I've been looking for the master book.

Most booksellers can special order it for you. Also, there was a release of both books combined into one just called Magician. And yes, the Magician books were the first part of the Riftwar saga.

Also, I think I stopped reading at the end of of the Serpent War saga (Shard of a Broken Crown.) Not that the books got bad or anything, I just don't think he can capture the magic and style he had back in the Riftwar saga series. There are scenes in Magician: Master that to this day get me all choked up.
wetair
Hi

I know I can speical order it; I can also probably get it from Barns & Nobles, but all that costs more than I am willing to spend, which is abolsutely nothing. I don't have any extra dollers. Sad Crying or Very sad I was looking for it in the library. It was very good collection, so . . . If it is the same as Majestion (it's misspelled) than maybe I'll look for that instead in the library.
KungFuChris
wetair wrote:

I know I can speical order it; I can also probably get it from Barns & Nobles, but all that costs more than I am willing to spend, which is abolsutely nothing. I don't have any extra dollers. Sad Crying or Very sad I was looking for it in the library. It was very good collection, so . . . If it is the same as Majestion (it's misspelled) than maybe I'll look for that instead in the library.

Coming from the UK, we only ever had Magician as one book (both Apprentice and Master in the one cover). Several years ago he brought out the Author's Preferred Edition in which he rewrote some small sections. I guess it's possible that your library may be stocking this. You may also be able to put in for an inter-library loan. Pretty reasonably priced over here - pennies really.

Certainly can't think of a book called Majestion by Feist, but then again I may be wrong.