FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Phil. Arena, the largest fully enclosed dome in the world

icebox27
Philippine Arena is a multi-purpose indoor arena being constructed at Ciudad de Victoria, a 75-hectare tourism enterprise zone in Bocaue, Bulacan, Philippines. With a capacity of up to 55,000, it will be the largest indoor domed-arena in the Philippines and in the world upon its completion. It is the centerpiece of the many centennial projects of the Iglesia Ni Cristo (INC) for their grand celebration on July 27, 2014. The legal owner of the arena is the INC's educational institution, New Era University.

I am a proud member of Iglesia Ni Cristo (Church of Christ). Just want to share this info. Wink
fuzzkaizer
so if i got that right, this is not exactly a sports stadium (multi purpose), but rather sort of a church (the main reason to build that)?
well then - i always tried to think of football as some kind of religion, when i was trying to understand all those football fans.
johans
Really? I don't know that.

When it will be finished?
icebox27
Quote:
so if i got that right, this is not exactly a sports stadium (multi purpose), but rather sort of a church (the main reason to build that)?
well then - i always tried to think of football as some kind of religion, when i was trying to understand all those football fans.

The arena will not only hold major church gatherings, it will also operate as a multi-use sports and concert venue, capable of holding a range of events from boxing and basketball to live music performances. There are clear sight lines from every seat on each tier, even for various arena configurations such as church ceremonies, boxing, tennis, concerts or indoor gymnastics. The overall vision of the masterplan will eventually see inclusion of shopping centres, a hospital and large scale residential developments.

Quote:
It will include a hospital, school, and stadium open to non-INC visitors and nearby residents. But the most glorious feature is the Philippine Arena, which, upon completion, will be the world's largest multipurpose domed arena.

Taking up 810,000 square feet (7.5 hectares) of land, it holds up a dome spanning 390,000 square feet (3.6 hectares) and can seat 50,000 people. In comparison, the dome arena next in size – Staples Center in Los Angeles, United States – holds only 21,000 people.

According to the official INC website, the roof will contain 9,000 tons of steel and will span 520 feet or one and a half football fields. The entire structure will be 200 feet or around 15 stories high.

According to Inquirer.net, the construction of the entire INC complex costs a staggering P9.4 billion.

Coordinates:14°47′46″N 120°57′16″E
Broke ground: August 17, 2011
Built: August 4, 2011 to February 4, 2014 (expected)
Opened: July 24, 2014 (expected)
Owner: New Era University (Iglesia Ni Cristo)
Operator : New Era University
Construction cost: US$213 million[1] (₱9.2 billion)
Architect: Populous
Project manager : Generations Design Asia Inc.
Structural engineer: Buro Happold
General contractor: Hanwha Engineering and Construction

http://www.pwpla.com/6914#

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTTDQbr4m7Y[/youtube]
somo60
Spectacular pictures at http://www.panoramio.com/photo/103730301
zimmer
icebox27 wrote:
Philippine Arena is a multi-purpose indoor arena being constructed at Ciudad de Victoria, a 75-hectare tourism enterprise zone in Bocaue, Bulacan, Philippines. With a capacity of up to 55,000, it will be the largest indoor domed-arena in the Philippines and in the world upon its completion. It is the centerpiece of the many centennial projects of the Iglesia Ni Cristo (INC) for their grand celebration on July 27, 2014. The legal owner of the arena is the INC's educational institution, New Era University.

I am a proud member of Iglesia Ni Cristo (Church of Christ). Just want to share this info. Wink

hmmm.. Is this Iglesia project or government project? What are you trying to say? If this is a private why you called this Philippine Arena? Rolling Eyes

Rolling Eyes Question
SonLight
The arena is now complete, as of July 11; ready for the church's centennial celebration on July 27.

Youtube video, showing inside and outside of completed stadium:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWPhRtZYRj8&list=UUoRFw-SCdT-1wPJk7TeHqOQ

This appears to be the world's largest indoor arena, doubling the occupancy of its nearest competitor.

The arena seats 50,000 people and grounds are said to be able to accommodate 100,000 total.
fuzzkaizer
zimmer wrote:
Is this Iglesia project or government project? What are you trying to say? If this is a private why you called this Philippine Arena? Rolling Eyes

Rolling Eyes Question

seems to be a little bit of a mixture of official government, religious government, and maybe also of some private persons of influence, on top of that a touch of national patriotic pride. is that the future design of asian politics apart from islamistic tendencies?