FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Button report to moderator PM massage

zimmer
I suggest there is a button in Private massage that we can report to moderator if it is scam or violate the Terms of Services.

Any agree with me?
Ghost Rider103
That is a good idea. Do you get spam PM's often? I don't see many people reporting things like this too often. I don't think I've personally ever gotten a spam PM on Frihost.

If you do get spam PM's from a user, the best thing to do would be to report the user by going to the user page. There is a "Report this user" at the very bottom of the user page.
truespeed
This is an option in phpbb3,in all the years I have had it nobody has ever reported a pm.

I have never had a spam pm on here either,so I doubt there is much demand for it here.
Marcuzzo
I've never received any span in my inbox but just incase I would get spam it would be nice to report it.

anyway, the private moderator massage sounds nice, but only if the mod is female and good looking Laughing
Ankhanu
I've received PM spam as well a couple times... luckily, when I have it's been while I've been a moderator and I've been able to bring down the ban hammer.

Until such a report system is developed for PMs, please feel free to quote the offending PM and send it along to one of us mods. We'll look into it, and deal with it as needed.
johans
I am also in favor of this suggestion.

I have also received spams.
zimmer
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
That is a good idea. Do you get spam PM's often? I don't see many people reporting things like this too often. I don't think I've personally ever gotten a spam PM on Frihost.

If you do get spam PM's from a user, the best thing to do would be to report the user by going to the user page. There is a "Report this user" at the very bottom of the user page.

I getting spam such as promotional, advertisement and other hosting offered me.
deanhills
Greatest irony of course is that some of the advertisements at Frihost, particularly on the home page, offer hosting elsewhere. I've just checked and Hostgator.com was there - nice colour Advertisement. To top it all, when one clicks on that link, it doesn't go to a new page. It takes the guest away from Frihost:

Problem is that the advertisements are connected with the content of the page. Like here is another ad that came from the same spot just after the Hostgator.com ad:
http://www.simplesite.com/pages/receive.aspx?partnerkey=ffgoogle:ASI_MY_EN_Display_Blog_Unspecified&target=ftp3:crea
Marcuzzo
deanhills wrote:
Greatest irony of course is that some of the advertisements at Frihost, particularly on the home page, offer hosting elsewhere. I've just checked and Hostgator.com was there - nice colour Advertisement. To top it all, when one clicks on that link, it doesn't go to a new page. It takes the guest away from Frihost:

Problem is that the advertisements are connected with the content of the page. Like here is another ad that came from the same spot just after the Hostgator.com ad:
http://www.simplesite.com/pages/receive.aspx?partnerkey=ffgoogle:ASI_MY_EN_Display_Blog_Unspecified&target=ftp3:crea

There's an option to hide advertisements when logged in so i I don't see those ads.
To receive SPAM as a PM sounds odd to me because it isn't linked to an email address
deanhills
Agreed Marcuzzo. But I was not thinking of us, more like the 114 visitors plus when I'm online. And instead of staying with us, click on Hostgator and then open up accounts with Hostgator or just vanish into thin air because they've clicked away from Frihost. Looks as though Bondings - not by design - is helping Hostgator with some extra business, courtesy of Google. Wonder whether it would help to put that advertisement in a less prominent spot of that page? Maybe Ghostrider could advise?
Peterssidan
I don't think the hosting ads compete much with Frihost because the ads is about paid hosting and Frihost is about free hosting.

But if you are right that the hosting ads steal a lot of visitors from Frihost those ads probably generate big amount of revenue so Bondings probably want it this way anyhow.
zimmer
Peterssidan wrote:
I don't think the hosting ads compete much with Frihost because the ads is about paid hosting and Frihost is about free hosting.

But if you are right that the hosting ads steal a lot of visitors from Frihost those ads probably generate big amount of revenue so Bondings probably want it this way anyhow.

i agree.
deanhills
Peterssidan wrote:

Point is not just free vs paid, but losing a potential Frihost member. Someone (quite a large number of guests - like around 100 at any given time) clicks on that link, and they're lost to Frihost. As the link is in the main spot of our home page.

I can't see that as something Bondings would have intended. It's more a fluke than by design. But yes, of course, if it earns him more revenue, then that is obviously a good thing. Probably why Frihost is still a going concern.
Qantas94Heavy
zimmer wrote:
I suggest there is a button in Private massage that we can report to moderator if it is scam or violate the Terms of Services.

Any agree with me?

Sure - in the case someone is abusing the Frihost forum rules, there has to be some way of reporting the message in question easily and obviously, great idea.