FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

NaNoWriMo

vlnjodie
Hey! I was just wondering if anyone was doing NaNoWriMo. If you are curious about it go to

http://www.nanowrimo.org

So far I have a little over 10,000 words done! Check out my blog if you're interested.

http://www.vlnjodie.frihost.net
rip8fan1
I was interested, and I have an idea for a novel, but I don't have the time this year to do it in one month!! The hardest part is starting, and getting into the rhythm of sitting down and doing so many words per day!!

Liked your blog, and the story excerpts are good!

I encourage you to continue, and I'll check on you every now and then.
vlnjodie
Thanks! It's really good to get a little encouragment!
rip8fan1
I'm not critizing here, just 'editing' a little!!

From Nov. 05, 2005, your 'excerpt' has the line:

“What if I don’t want to this job? You never asked me.”

You are missing a word!

BTW,
I don't know if I am like your mother, and like the hair cut or not, but I do like the fact you donated the braid!

If I have more 'editing' for you, I will do a comment at your blog, instead of posting it here for the world to see!!
vlnjodie
I actually had an extra word. Since NaNo is all about getting the word count in you can blame me for slipping in a few extra words. Smile I give my excerpts a look over, but they aren't very edited. Everything there is raw.
Phi
I wanted to take part in this year's nanowrimo so much!! ): I didn't get to though, was busy the first few days of November and... blah, just didn't feel like starting anymore. Guess I'll have to wait till next year... *sigh*

You're making good progress though, so keep it up! The last time I took part in nanowrimo (which is in '03, I think?), I only wrote a little over 10k words after the entire month Mad
vlnjodie
I've had a lot of help. My boyfriend and I are doing it together, so we help keep eachother motivated. So far I haven't really had a hard time with getting ideas, just the time to hammer out the words. I did a lot of preping too, which has definitely helped.
WinterMoon
Oi! Nanowrimo ... I've done it for the past 4 years or so, but this year I signed up, had all intentions of doing it . . . and then I flopped. Why?

My 21st birthday just HAPPENED to be in the first week of the month. I don't know about you guys, but getting a running start on Nano at the beginning of the month is usually the only way I can do halfway decent. My Nano-month was shot. >< lol

I did contemplate turning my wild and wacky weekend into my nano-novel... but I get tired just remembering it, let alone re-living it through writing. ^_^

WinterMoon