FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My points dropdown

zimmer
I just posted yesterday and now it just suddenly drop down to 33.83 and my coins getting deducted too.

Can any one explain what happened?

Are moderators allowed to cheat or steal my points?

I need explanation?

I think this is not the correct procedure here in frihost. if in-case someone delete (by moderator) the post they must explain to user that there is a violation or what so ever so that we are aware?

This should not be an excuses that points drop-down suddenly. Embarassed
manfer
Moderators can clarify better but I suppose there are some good reasons why that could happen.

We post in a spam thread that is totally removed by moderators. Our points on those posts are going to be deducted and in my opinion that's fine. We should try to avoid replying to spam.

We do a post which doesn't follow the forum rules so a moderator edits or removes it. In that case the points will be deducted as well. An example, we post something from other person and we don't include it in a quote, then the moderator edits the post to include the text that should be inside the corresponding quote so the points are recalculated and if the quantity is less than before the difference is going to be deducted. I don't know if every moderator do it but I have seen in edited posts the corresponding explanation by moderator at the end of the post.

Another example is accidentally double posting. Sooner or later those posts will be removed and points deducted.
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-1160842.html#1160842

Maybe there are even more circunstances I'm not taken into account.
Ankhanu
I moderated several of your posts, placing quote tags where quote tags were required (and leaving a message on those posts that I did so, and that you should review the forum rules). The material within quote tags does not earn you points, so your total fell.
zimmer
But as a moderator you should inform the user right? How come i dont have warning and notification?
Ankhanu
zimmer wrote:
But as a moderator you should inform the user right? How come i dont have warning and notification?

I did, after the fact; look back at your posts that I altered - There is green text added with the heading "MODERATOR" explaining what was done and what you should do to avoid future infractions.

If you like, I COULD make the warning official, rather than informal and issue an AWIT... but I doubt that's really what you want Wink

Whether I asked you to edit your posts yourself, or handled the situation in the standard method that I did, the result would be the same: you would lose points gained from all the material that is now within the quote tags.
bukaida
@Ankhanu-- Duplicate post, You can remove any one. Very Happy
Ankhanu
bukaida wrote:

*sigh*
Thanks Razz

Dunno why they're happening, but they're happening a lot. I only submit once, get two posts... and the second post doesn't show up right away, neither. Sometimes it takes a couple minutes to appear. I catch and delete some, others I miss. Peterrsidian is very good at reporting them, though Wink

I cleared my cache, etc. a bit ago and it stopped for a day or two, but it came back.
deanhills
Ankhanu wrote:
bukaida wrote:

*sigh*
Thanks Razz

Dunno why they're happening, but they're happening a lot. I only submit once, get two posts... and the second post doesn't show up right away, neither. Sometimes it takes a couple minutes to appear. I catch and delete some, others I miss. Peterrsidian is very good at reporting them, though Wink

I cleared my cache, etc. a bit ago and it stopped for a day or two, but it came back.
Could it be you're making them with Tapatalk? As heard Tapatalk can create shadow or duplicate posts/topics.
Bikerman
Ankhanu wrote:
bukaida wrote:

*sigh*
Thanks Razz

It would be worth disinfecting the browser environmnent - clear all cookies and stored data. Reboot.
Run Hijackthis, Malwarebytes or whatever equivalent tools you use to spot malware and hijacks, then reset the browser to defaults. Finally reboot and try again.

If you need some more detailed help let me know....,and tell me platform and s/ware versions....
Ankhanu
I'm not using anything akin to tapatalk; I use very few plugins or other such material... it has been a while since I've run Onyx or other system maintenance software. I'll get around to it before long, I'm sure Wink

Bikerman: MacOS 10.7.5; Chrome 30.0.1599.69