FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I don't understand movie Shutter Island

surajkrstha
Leonardo was mental patient or not? All he investigate is real or fake or what??
Peterssidan
I was also confused after seeing this movie. It was a while since I saw the movie so I don't remember the details, but I think there where two possibilities. I remember I had a discussion about this with my brother and he was certain it was one way but I argued it was not necessarily that way. Now I don't remember which one I thought was more likely.
surajkrstha
Peterssidan wrote:
I was also confused after seeing this movie. It was a while since I saw the movie so I don't remember the details, but I think there where two possibilities. I remember I had a discussion about this with my brother and he was certain it was one way but I argued it was not necessarily that way. Now I don't remember which one I thought was more likely.

Now you make me more confused Smile
Peterssidan
surajkrstha wrote:
Now you make me more confused Smile

That's because I don't remember too much, sorry. Maybe I should watch this movie again because I think it was an interesting movie that maybe you need to watch more than once to understand.
tonberry
I had similar situation. I was very much sure that he was crazy and the ending explained it clearly, but then I had a talk about it with a friend and he pointed me towards few facts near the end of the movie that suggested it was the other way around. I don't remember what were they and they weren't dealbreakers, but still.

I think the movie was made this way so that we could talk about it later like we do know Smile Not the best thing if you ask me.

It was a great movie by the way. I remember coming home after a very tough day and wanting to each something relaxing and care free. God damn it I couldn't choose anything worse for the moment! Very Happy But in the end the movie was so great that I completely forgot about all my troubles.
tonberry
I had similar situation. I was very much sure that he was crazy and the ending explained it clearly, but then I had a talk about it with a friend and he pointed me towards few facts near the end of the movie that suggested it was the other way around. I don't remember what were they and they weren't dealbreakers, but still.

I think the movie was made this way so that we could talk about it later like we do know Smile Not the best thing if you ask me.

It was a great movie by the way. I remember coming home after a very tough day and wanting to each something relaxing and care free. God damn it I couldn't choose anything worse for the moment! Very Happy But in the end the movie was so great that I completely forgot about all my troubles.
johans
surajkrstha wrote:
Leonardo was mental patient or not? All he investigate is real or fake or what??

I have not watch that movie yet.. Sad
TomS
There's nothing to understand It's up to you to decide. You're left just like an inmate in this facility, wondering what's real and what isn't. The ending is quite similar to the ending of "Inception". But I think it's way better. I like those movies that play with your mind. This is a true thriller. One of the best.

You can analyze it all you want, but in the end "Leonardo" was mentally ill. Either because what the doctor said was true, or because he was convinced that it's true. This is actually a known phenomenon with those facilities. People "get crazy" in them.

You're watching the movie from the perspective of Leonardo, so you're left wondering on purpose, just like a patient in such a place.

If you were confused, pray that you'll never end up in a place like this...