FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Filesharing

Tony The Tiger
Do any filesharing websites still exist? I haven't heard about them in a while and was wondering if they have finally all been wiped out.
Peterssidan
The pirate bay and other torrent sites are still up and running. Just Google them and you will find them.
Da Rossa
No they haven't. One gets wiped, others do appear. The thing is, maybe the users are not as excited about them as in the past (2005-7). If the torrent sites are to finished, it would be due to implosion and not due to busts. There are so many jurisdictions involved to bring them down. By the way, it's a good subject for an international private law thesis! Very Happy
drainville
I think that Bittorrent sites will eventually go down as the transfer speeds available in the world are increasing, which will make it even more dangerous. And as I understand it, they being harrassed by many law firms representing big companies interests so it's a sure fall.
Da Rossa
Don't mistake the torrent sites for the torrent protocol itself. I believe the torrent protocol is very promising, specially because it can loosen the load of the high-end servers. There is nothing illegitimate about Bit Torrent itself. Like there isn't about guns. If someone uses for evil, it's not the gun designer's fault.
Peterssidan
Yeah, many open source projects offer downloads through torrents, perfectly legal.
Josso
The free to use ones that are popular or good to use at the moment are putlocker, mediafire (still), multiupload, hugefiles. In terms of premium based ones uploaded.net, rapidgator, netload seem to be the most popular still.