FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Learning C#

ManweSulimo
Hello.

I'm a skilled Visual Basic 6.0 programmer and now that I have the Visual Studio.net I'd like to learn programming in C#. Does anybody know a good website for learning it? I'm new to object-oriented programming so it would have to be a very basic site for beginners.

Thanks for any help.
Kd527
I was learning C# for a while. But it was hard to find stuff on what I wanted to do with my program.
RA
I recommend you start with simple console C++ programs first, then move on to GUI stuff.
ManweSulimo
Thanks for the tip. Do you have a suggestion as to what I could program? I have a weak imagination that has been corrupted by the graphical interface of Windows. I can't think of a decent console program. Smile
RA
Well, one of the typical programming 1 programs, that is also slightly fun, is the number guessing game. Have the computer pick a random "secret" number between 1 and 100. The user then types in guesses and the computer informs you if the secret number is higher or lower.

Other ideas could be simulation of rolling dice, converting temperature from fahrenheit to celsius, or makes a program that does simple calcuations (+,-,*,/) and displays the result.

Once you write one or two of these, then try doing a simple GUI program in C# that does something similar.
ManweSulimo
Ok, thanks. I'll see how far I get.