FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How can Americans believe that Lizards run their country?

ratanegra
If you google 'lizards govern the usa' you'll find almost a million results. Tons of articles written about this say that more than twelve million people in this country (an economic superpower) believe that the United States of America is a country governed by lizards. They believe that Obama and his administration are some kind of chamaleonic reptilians that look like humans. I look and this and wonder what the hell made them think that, and how they could even consider the possibility of the existance of said beings. I have watched tons of movies, but they are clearly fiction and fantasy.

Since I cannot assimilate this information, I ask you. What is this? What do you think about this all? Why did this happen?
RosenCruz
Quote:
twelve million people

I believe that is a little too much. People are free to believe anything they want to.
standready
US is governed by the north end of a south bound mule!
deanhills
standready wrote:
Laughing I have to post this somewhere. Right on!
ratanegra
deanhills wrote:
standready wrote:

What does that mean? (I mean, what standready said, I don't understand it at all)
standready
ratanegra wrote:

What does that mean? (I mean, what standready said, I don't understand it at all)

Don't feel bad. I have insulted many people with that phrase. Let me see if I can clear that up. Picture a mule going south (it's head). Now, what part of the mule is at the northern end?
They also sometimes call a mule - a "Jack***"!
deanhills
ratanegra wrote:
deanhills wrote:
standready wrote:

Try and visualize it:

A mule. The mule is walking towards the south. And what part of its anatomy is north. Twisted Evil

watersoul
I've read about various reptilian/alien/conspiracy stories over the years and find it entertaining at the very least.
I don't subscribe to any particular views without any convincing evidence, so the reptile leader thing is just another in the list of wild claims which nobody can prove.
The leaders of my own country are so far removed from my perspective of reality anyway that if they were reptiles or not it would make no difference to my life.
Good or bad decisions made by world leaders are simply that, whether the leaders are human or reptilian matters little to the people affected by the decisions.
ratanegra
watersoul wrote:
The leaders of my own country are so far removed from my perspective of reality anyway that if they were reptiles or not it would make no difference to my life.
Good or bad decisions made by world leaders are simply that, whether the leaders are human or reptilian matters little to the people affected by the decisions.

If the leader of a country has no interest in working for the humans but for another race, then it does mean something to the humans, since decisions will have a biased base and will most probably favour a third party. This would be pretty bad for the society governed by that being, I'm just saying...
watersoul
ratanegra wrote:
watersoul wrote:

If the leader of a country has no interest in working for the humans but for another race, then it does mean something to the humans, since decisions will have a biased base and will most probably favour a third party. This would be pretty bad for the society governed by that being, I'm just saying...

If any off world species had control of Earth national governments then I would assume the humans in the highest positions of power would be well aware of it and/or complicit so there would be absolutely nothing I, as an individual, could do to change it.
There would be no noticeable difference to the lives of the billions like me 'ruled' by someone, alien or otherwise...just hope the most powerful gang is the friendliest:)
ratanegra
watersoul wrote:
If any off world species had control of Earth national governments then I would assume the humans in the highest positions of power would be well aware of it and/or complicit

Why? There is no reason to believe that. Yes, it could be a possibility, but it is also likely that if an extraterrestrial species wanted to dominate the government of a country, it would ensure that no suspicion as to their existence were generated at all. Telling someone else which can't, with precise certitude, be trusted, would be a huge risk for their plans. The only way in which they could ensure this and still tell some humans, is if they were able to control them directly and with precision. And if this were the case, there would be no reason to become president, but to manipulate the actual one.
ratanegra
watersoul wrote:
If any off world species had control of Earth national governments then I would assume the humans in the highest positions of power would be well aware of it and/or complicit

Why? There is no reason to believe that. Yes, it could be a possibility, but it is also likely that if an extraterrestrial species wanted to dominate the government of a country, it would ensure that no suspicion as to their existence were generated at all. Telling someone else which can't, with precise certitude, be trusted, would be a huge risk for their plans. The only way in which they could ensure this and still tell some humans, is if they were able to control them directly and with precision. And if this were the case, there would be no reason to become president, but to manipulate the actual one.
RoylanM
The US is run by humans of course and these humans form a strong government who never seems to fail in military. To the guy who refers to the US as an jack***, I dare you to find someone to attack us right now and see what happens to them and then come back with an opinion, Hitler and his Nazis couldn't put up much of a fight against us nor could a certain Asian country who I believed we dropped a very dangerous bomb on once.
truespeed
RoylanM wrote:
The US is run by humans of course and these humans form a strong government who never seems to fail in military. .

Was Vietnam not a failure? Is Afghanistan a success?
drjim
Vietnam was indeed mostly a failure, but the united states of america did triumph in some of their campaigns. in the long run, we did prevent quite a few horrible things from happening in vietnam. we also set their country back half a century (something along those lines anyway). not necessarily a good thing, but still a noted accomplishment.
wombatrpgs
ratanegra wrote:
If you google 'lizards govern the usa' you'll find almost a million results. Tons of articles written about this say that more than twelve million people in this country (an economic superpower) believe that the United States of America is a country governed by lizards. They believe that Obama and his administration are some kind of chamaleonic reptilians that look like humans. I look and this and wonder what the hell made them think that, and how they could even consider the possibility of the existance of said beings. I have watched tons of movies, but they are clearly fiction and fantasy.

Since I cannot assimilate this information, I ask you. What is this? What do you think about this all? Why did this happen?

The internet just lets the crazies find each other. It's not a normal thing.
watersoul
ratanegra wrote:
watersoul wrote:

Why? There is no reason to believe that. Yes, it could be a possibility, but it is also likely that if an extraterrestrial species wanted to dominate the government of a country, it would ensure that no suspicion as to their existence were generated at all.
Yes, of course that could be a possibility as well.
Quote:
Telling someone else which can't, with precise certitude, be trusted, would be a huge risk for their plans. The only way in which they could ensure this and still tell some humans, is if they were able to control them directly and with precision.
People in all levels of power and authority are already controlled through legislation, official secrets laws, and of course through illegal methods such as bribery and blackmail
Quote:
And if this were the case, there would be no reason to become president, but to manipulate the actual one.
Presidents are manipulated from their earliest political activism days, winning local party nomination and following policy. It would be naive to think that many leaders are actually free thinking and independent of any coercion or manipulation - reptilian or otherwise.

I've seen nothing to lead me toward thinking alien lizards are controlling the world but it makes for an entertaining story regardless. Who's to say an alien species couldn't do a better job than the corrupt human politicians we appear to have already.
jmraker
I googled that phrase and google returned 2,340,000 results. The top results were all about the conspiracy theory, I skipped to page 5 and all of the results there were about ordinary lizards making it really unpopular idea.

About the only thing of interest was a poll claiming that 12 million believe that based on getting 4% (earning it the least popular conspiracy).
http://boingboing.net/2013/04/15/12-million-americans-believe-l.html
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_National_ConspiracyTheories_040213.pdf

Getting a poll to come out 100% in a large sample to any question is next to impossible so that poll doesn't mean much.

But then again there's this probably spoof website.
http://www.lizardpersonornot.com/

and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reptilians
Quote:
The idea of reptilians on Earth was popularized by David Icke, a conspiracy theorist who says shape-shifting reptilian people control our world by taking on human form and gaining political power to manipulate our societies. Icke has claimed on multiple occasions that many of the world leaders are, or are possessed by, reptilians attempting to gain power to rule the world.[citation needed]
drjim
i've heard of this conspiracy theory before... it's quite outlandish. almost as outlandish as the conspiracy theory about aliens (nicknamed tall white men) who live abouts in our societies and every day life. they are humanoid and look very similar to us, and can pass off as being human at a mere glance.

pretty crazy stuff, not so sure i believe in it... lol.
Josso
I think I'd better chip in here about the title of this thread: this theory, as far as I know, was proliferated or perhaps even originated from a British guy (David Icke) I am embarrassed to say. The same guy that went on TV in the 80s and claimed he was jesus. On behalf of all British people I'm sorry.

edit: just saw he was mentioned above, worth mentioning though
ratanegra
watersoul wrote:
People in all levels of power and authority are already controlled through legislation, official secrets laws, and of course through illegal methods such as bribery and blackmail

However, that would still leave the risk of word getting out somehow. For example, if I were to be bribed not to say anything, I could still speak for some reason (perhaps morals or I don't know what, but it could still happen and it's a risk worth noting).

watersoul wrote:
Presidents are manipulated from their earliest political activism days, winning local party nomination and following policy. It would be naive to think that many leaders are actually free thinking and independent of any coercion or manipulation - reptilian or otherwise.

And this is true. If the important politicians were to be manipulated, it could be done since long before they occupy an important position, as well as the rest of the administration and other people. This would lower their risks considerably.
spinout
It is a trend to spot reptilians on the youtube, well that means spot glitsches in videos. So if reptilians are here we directly spot them on video - and in their natural form. Will the eye see them? No, since they are supposed mentally do be in a disguise, so we do not see them.
Preatty lame... Reptilians, they are supposed to live in caves, and mostly entrences are in the moutntains and similar. Would be fun if they would walk in our streets directly...
deanhills
spinout wrote:
Would be fun if they would walk in our streets directly...
They'd probably only do it in night time though wouldn't they? Is there any link between vampires and lizards? Body types etc. Twisted Evil
spinout
Vampires hehe, well they dwell in transylvania and look human Laughing .
The lizards have evolved breasts Laughing if one listen to the famous lacerta interview, so for a perverd they might be handy Shocked

Haha, just like the all the other rather bizarre creatures you can hear of they live in the shadows... Just like the person on youtube that present picuters of grey-aliens, they hide in the dark. Hm, coming all the way from a another solar system to dwell here in the dark - lame aliens... But rather that than Galactus (marvel comics) Cool
ratanegra
deanhills wrote:
spinout wrote:
They'd probably only do it in night time though wouldn't they? Is there any link between vampires and lizards? Body types etc. Twisted Evil

Remember that reptiles are cold-blooded and thus need sunlight to warm their bodies. That's why you see crocodiles just lying on the side of the river for hours. I love documentaries. Very Happy
deanhills
ratanegra wrote:
deanhills wrote:
spinout wrote:

Remember that reptiles are cold-blooded and thus need sunlight to warm their bodies. That's why you see crocodiles just lying on the side of the river for hours. I love documentaries. Very Happy
Haha .... thanks Ratanegra. Probably why I need to go out every now and then when I'm at work to catch sun rays. Razz
spinout
good comment - the laserta interview tell that they get high and orgasmic when heated up... Cool
Hm, they have created some sort of facility for that undergroud... Hm, sad, I would be cool to stumble on lizards in orgasm in the sun Laughing
emedeiros
Only stupid people believe that reptiles are running USA: in fact they are batrachians.
tonberry
There is no such thing as reptiles. It is a myth and a conspiracy created by the USA government to have something to point the finger on once Chinese stop being communists. And since they never did, the plan was put on hold but the myth has spreaded quickly. I believe this is the real reason why they are after Snowden and also the reason Putin gave him asylum (the Russians believe lizards are real and want to mass-produce them to gain the upper hand in future military conflicts).
handfleisch
ratanegra wrote:

Ratanegra, people who live in the USA and who watch a lot of TV and listen to the radio get fed a load on nonsense 24/7. In all countries there are people with weak minds, with faulty critical thinking skills, who are poorly educated. Those people in the USA start to believe the nonsense being shoved at them.

For low-level crazy beliefs, people on mainstream networks like FOX have suggested Obama was a Communist or a terrorist.

For medium-level crazy beliefs, cable TV is full of shows about mysterious phenomenon (Bigfoot, UFOs, etc) that the producers know are just BS but they are entertaining. One station even has fake documentaries with actors playing scientists. For example on the Animal Planet station there was fake documentary about mermaids: http://www.snopes.com/photos/supernatural/mermaids.asp
or
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2013/05/mermaids_aren_t_real_animal_planet_s_fake_documentaries_misrepresent_ocean.html

For high-level crazy beliefs, there is talk radio in the USA that plays all day and all night. During the day it's right wing political conspiracies. See http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/02/15/1187477/-Video-Hedgecock-is-very-afraid-of-drone-strike-within-the-US-of-Obama-dictatorship
During the night there are shows devoted to the supernatural, and they are full of talk about lizard people, UFOs, ghosts, and evil conspiracies. These shows are also always conservative or right wing in their politics. For example Coast to Coast and Ground Zero Radio are lately becoming 100% political at times when they used to have mostly spooky nonsense for weak-minded, gullible, uneducated people.
markharris
Its their believe, and when one believes for any thing it comes true for them.
Bikerman
<<<<<ponders..which is the more unbelievable....?

The fact that 11 million US citizens apparently believe in herpetoplogical take-over of the executive,

or

the fact that about 140 million of them believe in talking snakes, magic wooden boats, people with pet dinosaurs, and an earth which is barely out of short-pants?........>>>>>>

.......tough call.....

I go for the second, because it is not just one idiocy, it is a suite of the finest idiotic nonsense woven into a world-view that is so fundamentally bolloxed that a president who likes basking in the sun, has a green tinge, and odd-slitted pupils is comparatively mundane.