FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Add cp subdomain for frihost.org (Server 4)

Qantas94Heavy
Could Server 4 also get the port 80 subdomain for the control panel (like how Server 2/3 get cp.frih.net and cp.frih.org)? That'd be great, thanks! Very Happy
manfer
Qantas94Heavy wrote:
Could Server 4 also get the port 80 subdomain for the control panel (like how Server 2/3 get cp.frih.net and cp.frih.org)? That'd be great, thanks! Very Happy

If I were the admin of the site I would not understand at all what you mean. So I suggest you explain further.

Subdomains and ports has nothing to do with each other. You are mixing DNS (subdomain) which is a OSI layer 7 protocol with TCP/IP (port 80) which is a OSI layer 4 protocol.
Peterssidan
Why does it matter? All you have to do to access the control panel is to add :2222 at the end of the domain name.
manfer
Peterssidan wrote:
Why does it matter? All you have to do to access the control panel is to add :2222 at the end of the domain name.

The same you would have to do in the server with cPanel. You have to provide the cPanel port no matter if there is a cp subdomain.

-----------------------------------------

It seems server 2 has a cp subdomain that loads the login. I suppose it has been provided by Haplo though considering people gets a subdomain when they register who knows. I wouldn't trust that cp subdomain considering there is not any benefit on using that one instead of using your own provided subdomain (or just the server domain) and port 2222.

As I don't use the hosting account too much, I never paid much attention to the fact that the direct admin login in frihost hosting is a plain http login. Weird.
dxverm
Some people try to access their backend cp at work and most of the time the normal port :2082 or :2222 are blocked by a corporate firewall, I know that I can't access the cp throught the port but can access cpanel.domain.com.
deanhills
dxverm wrote:
Some people try to access their backend cp at work and most of the time the normal port :2082 or :2222 are blocked by a corporate firewall, I know that I can't access the cp throught the port but can access cpanel.domain.com.
Same here. But I manage to get past that with using Tor at work.
sysna
dxverm wrote:

In my work place both ports + 2083 were blocked and i asked them and they opened it. Just tell the network manager because by default they block all ports if they don't know the usage of those ports but if you tell them the usage they will open it for you.
dxverm
I'd like to do that but my fear is when i ask my tech's then they will block the whole website i'm using for "security reasons"
zimmer
the port using is 2222.

Can i know what is your goal by putting subdomain?
dxverm
I am behind a corporate firewall at work and tech department won't unblock port 2222 for me, I need a way to access my site control panel.
SonLight
If you go to your account page ["ACCOUNT" at the right end of the large-type heading line] you should find two or three links to the control panel page. Details may vary by server, but I think all of them have a /config link without a port number. On mine, of course, I do have a cp.frih.net entry also, which I assume you do not have. If you don't have the /config either, then there is a need for it in your case and I hope it will be a priority to find a solution that works for you.