FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Error writing to Temp SQL files

GuidanceReader
I am getting this error on my website:

Quote:
Notice: Error: Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_382e_0.MYI' (Errcode: 2Cool
Error No: 1
SELECT DISTINCT ps.product_id, p.redirect, (SELECT AVG(rating) FROM review r1 WHERE r1.product_id = ps.product_id AND r1.status = '1' GROUP BY r1.product_id) AS rating FROM product_special ps LEFT JOIN product p ON (ps.product_id = p.product_id) LEFT JOIN product_description pd ON (p.product_id = pd.product_id) LEFT JOIN product_to_store p2s ON (p.product_id = p2s.product_id) WHERE p.status = '1' AND p.date_available <= NOW() AND p2s.store_id = '0' AND ps.customer_group_id = '8' AND ((ps.date_start = '0000-00-00' OR ps.date_start < NOW()) AND (ps.date_end = '0000-00-00' OR ps.date_end > NOW())) GROUP BY ps.product_id ORDER BY LCASE(pd.name) ASC LIMIT 0,1 in /home/guidance/domains/readingsbycaroline.net/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

Which I have been told is a server issue writing to my temporary SQL files.

Are you able to help me with this?

Regards
Caroline
Qantas94Heavy
GuidanceReader wrote:

Quote:
Notice: Error: Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_382e_0.MYI' (Errcode: 2Cool
SELECT DISTINCT ps.product_id, p.redirect, (SELECT AVG(rating) FROM review r1 WHERE r1.product_id = ps.product_id AND r1.status = '1' GROUP BY r1.product_id) AS rating FROM product_special ps LEFT JOIN product p ON (ps.product_id = p.product_id) LEFT JOIN product_description pd ON (p.product_id = pd.product_id) LEFT JOIN product_to_store p2s ON (p.product_id = p2s.product_id) WHERE p.status = '1' AND p.date_available <= NOW() AND p2s.store_id = '0' AND ps.customer_group_id = '8' AND ((ps.date_start = '0000-00-00' OR ps.date_start < NOW()) AND (ps.date_end = '0000-00-00' OR ps.date_end > NOW())) GROUP BY ps.product_id ORDER BY LCASE(pd.name) ASC LIMIT 0,1 in /home/guidance/domains/readingsbycaroline.net/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

Regards
Caroline

Most likely wherever the /tmp folder is on has become full - the error code 28 usually means that there is no space left on the device. It's probably either that the SQL query is very large, there are too many people on the server (??? :O) or someone is severely abusing system resources. Hope there's a solution to your issue!
sysna
Yes there was a problem with /tmp folder or partition, but it just solved in that day and the problem doesn't exist anymore.
GuidanceReader
And it appears to be back again. Just as I am running a very important promotion too... Is Bondings around anymore, or should I consider looking elsewhere for hosting? I used to be very happy with Frihost, despite any issues, because Bondings treated us like paying clients, but these days it seems we have to put up with just hoping issues will resolve themselves???
Peterssidan
Are you sure you have not run out of available disk space?
GuidanceReader
Yes I am sure - I haven't even gotten to 50% of my available disc space and bandwidth is minimal.

This appears to be becoming a regular occurrence too Sad It's done it twice today.
sysna
And now it is happening again ! Please add some space to /tmp partition !
miteY
Please it is happening again to me.

Bondings where are you??
miteY
On one of the forums I visited, they said it is because someone is running some memory intensive MySQL queries.

Please can anybody look into this?
Peterssidan
GuidanceReader and miteY, are you both on server 4?
miteY
Peterssidan wrote:

I don't know about GuidanceReader, but I am on Server 4.

It seems as if the issue has been fixed for now.
sysna
Peterssidan wrote:

Didn't asked about me, but i'm on Server 4 too and still mysql is not working !

Edit : it is working now.
johans
i have saw also that kind of error on my site.
sysna
And the problem is back again Sad
Peterssidan
If this is such a frequent problem someone should really try to make Bondings aware of this. It is quite likely that one or a few accounts are causing all the problems or that some limit has been set too low. Anyway I don't think anyone but Bondings can solve this problem.
miteY
^^^^ And how do we make Bondings aware of it?

Someone on Server 4 is messing up the MySQL for other users.

If this error continues today, I might have no option other than to pull out of Frihost.

Thanks.
miteY
The problem has started again. I have set my homepage to reload every 15 minutes to see when it will end.

This is just too bad Sad
Peterssidan
miteY wrote:
^^^^ And how do we make Bondings aware of it?

I sent him a PM but I'm not sure if he reads them frequently. I was more hoping that some moderators had more direct channels to Bondings and saw this.
miteY
Peterssidan wrote:
...I was more hoping that some moderators had more direct channels to Bondings and saw this.

Well, I'm hoping so too, because the problem is still on
sysna
Frihost forum was down because of mysql minutes ago too , seems same thing is happening to whole servers, hope to see Bondings around soon Sad
Dementei
I can confirm the php (mysql) error as well, this is not good, no new media can be uploaded to my sites. Waiting on you Bondings Wink
miteY
sysna wrote:
Frihost forum was down because of mysql minutes ago too , seems same thing is happening to whole servers,...

I thought I was the only one that observed it. But why is it that the forums are back online but our websites are still having problems??
sysna
miteY wrote:

I thought I was the only one that observed it. But why is it that the forums are back online but our websites are still having problems??

Check the load on Server4 , it seems the problem is High Load :

http://fh.info.tm/
Peterssidan
miteY wrote:
sysna wrote:
Frihost forum was down because of mysql minutes ago too , seems same thing is happening to whole servers,...
Frihost.com is on another server so the problems are not related.
sysna
Peterssidan wrote:
Frihost.com is on another server so the problems are not related.

Picture from when frihost was down too (about 45 minutes ago) :

miteY
^^^^ Oh, ok. Thanks for that clarification.

But what is going on, my websites are still offline?
sysna
miteY wrote:
^^^^ Oh, ok. Thanks for that clarification.

But what is going on, my websites are still offline?

We all have to wait, the case is even worse because i tested the database backup feature of DirectAdmin and it is not working too ! we can't get any backup Sad
miteY
We are back online, but I guess I will have to start making my backups now...
johans
miteY wrote:
We are back online, but I guess I will have to start making my backups now...

Me too. I should backup now!
Qantas94Heavy
The loads on almost all the servers are ridiculous - it's almost 6 (!) on servers 2 and 3, with server 4 faring a bit better. :O I hope that these issues are resolved - it's quite sad to see these issues reoccurring from time to time. Sad

Wow...
deanhills
Qantas, Bondings explained to me once those aren't really high loads. High loads are more like when you get to above 10. Think what is worrisome however for Server 4 are the mySQL problems that have been reported.
zimmer
error is back..
sysna
Yes pingdom has reported down time because of mysql error for around 5 hours Sad now it is gone.
sysna
And the error is back, scheduling a transfer as soon as I can get a backup from DB Sad
Peterssidan
Has anyone tried to contact tidruG? He's an administrator if I remember correctly so maybe he can help, or at least knows how to contact Bondings.
sysna
The error is back again, it was nearly two months that we were not seeing that error but in recent days the error is back and now it is 4 hours that i constantly get SQL error.

Hope to resolve soon Sad
deanhills
Think only Bondings can fix that Sysna. Could be that mySQL on Server 4 is overdue for maintenance. Not sure whether it will work but have written to him with a link to your post.
sysna
Thanks Dean, it solved and i hope never get back again Very Happy
deanhills
Great news indeed Sysna, glad it got fixed. Cool
sysna
The error is just come back Neutral , server 4 never goes down (the uptime shows it) but it always had sql problems.
crystalkey
Yup. The MySQL errors are still there for the websites that I have hosted on Server 4.
zimmer
GuidanceReader wrote:

Quote:

Regards
Caroline

Yes, i saw this error now more frequent.

I get dissapointed every time i visit my site because i cannot do anything on this error.

I hope so it will get resolved because its more than a year that this problem is not solve. Sad
deanhills
I think Bondings has been away (like out of Belgium maybe), as he has been completely unresponsive over the last more than one week. I have mentioned the mySQL problems on Server 4 to him a few times, but I'm certain he knows about the issues any way. He just hasn't had the time to spend on it. I've also managed to get in touch with a semi-retired Admin Bockman, not expecting to and totally bowled over when he responded. So hopefully when Bondings returns and gets in touch things may work out more positively. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.