FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Scuba diving

Gatos7
Hello guys. I just wanted to share with you my new hobby.

First of all I'm from Greece and together with a friend we recently finished the first PADI qualification (Open water).
One of the biggest problems we have so far is finding good places to dive. So we plan to make a greek site with spots for dives.

I'm thinking on using joomla along with the module hotspots. If anyone knows it or if you think you have a better alternative please let me know !
deanhills
I'd love to know which spots to dive in in Greece, so Gatos, hope you will be posting a link to your Website here. Cool
tonberry
Diving instructor's licence is pretty expensive here in Poland. There was a trend some time ago to acquire those, and too many people were lining up for the limited amount of jobs in the city. Those who managed though have a fascinating and well-paid job. I can only imagine it gets better in Greece as the landscape is so great there.
richandmaninder
Gulf of Thailand was the best place i have ever dived. Nice and warm to 25M.
dude_xyx
I haven't done and also I want to take diving license. Still left in my bucket list.
Blaster
Sounds like something that would be interesting to take up. Not many good diving places around here though. I do know of 1 person that has her diving license though. Might have to have her take me out some day.
standready
Has been many years since I went diving. A friend of mine in Florida as his instructor license and took me cave diving. Scary fun. Even got to float around with some Manatee (Sea Cows) after the cave.
buggla
Nice to hear you have taken a OWD certification! I have worked as an instructor for almost 25 years and I still love diving. I was at Kos and dived with Liamis many years ago but they still have their dive boat active. I can recommend them for you to have nice dives around Kalymnos Very Happy
deanhills
buggla wrote:
Nice to hear you have taken a OWD certification! I have worked as an instructor for almost 25 years and I still love diving. I was at Kos and dived with Liamis many years ago but they still have their dive boat active. I can recommend them for you to have nice dives around Kalymnos Very Happy
Kalymnos looks beautiful. Is that where you live?
buggla
No no, I am from Sweden Smile
buggla
No no, I am from Sweden Smile
coolclay
Um yea ginger......

I've been diving for quite a few years now. It's probably one of my favorite hobbies, but sometimes it is heard to find places to go where the water is clear enough to see anything.

Quarries, springs, lakes and other deep holes along some rivers are popular fresh water dive spots, and there are quite a few good spots around Pennsylvania Blaster.

Where I am living now on Cape Ann, MA there are lots and lots of awesome spots as long as you don't mind diving in cold water, but the vis is usually good, and many good drop-offs and some wrecks.

But the best diving was when I lived on Catalina Island CA, I racked up almost 100 dives while I lived out there. It didn't hurt that the company I worked for had our own compressor and tanks of course!
It can get expensive but it's well worth it and as long as you purchase quality used gear it's not more expensive than some other hobbies out there!