FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

new 2gig email service with IMAP > gmail

gonzo
http://aim.com/you/mail

It integrates into AIM. Gonzo recommends AIM 5.2.3293 + aimutation. It offers webmail or free access via IMAP. It has unsend unopened-mail kinda like exchange.

[your aim screenname]@aim.com

incidentally activation also gets you 250 meg webmail [your aim screenname]@netscape.net
lilrage
wow cool im checking it out rite now it has a very close design to gmail

very bad feature to me is that when u open a letter it opens as a pop up
adwya
lilrage wrote:
wow cool im checking it out rite now it has a very close design to gmail

very bad feature to me is that when u open a letter it opens as a pop up

i agree with u Very Happy
dordali
it is look like a good mail
gonzo
what popups?

http://getfirefox.com

It's also TRIVIAL to remove the ads.

n0obie4life
Gonzo, uninstall Tab Mix and use Tab Mix PLUS!
gonzo
My other profile has the Enhanced Tab Mix from extensionsmirror Wink

it's starting to look alot like TBE
abhinav
I am OK with gmail.
Its the best for me!
bdoneck
aol always tries to copy everyone else.

i like to stay with the original
stiffler
bdoneck wrote:
aol always tries to copy everyone else.

i like to stay with the original

Agreed.
dan751
AOL can never compete with Gmail. Gmail keeps upping the inbox space. And provides secure POP access, I don't see AOL doing that. Do you? Besides, I'm sure that in time, Gmail will impliment IMAP. And the unsend feature only works if the person hasn't viewed the message already. I guess it's a valubale feature for when grandma checks her emails <cough>never (no pc)<cough>.Wink
adwya
thank you very much

i searched to that

thanks a lot Very Happy
silvermesh
the major flaw in this is that it's run by aol.

aol never has been concerned with putting out quality software and service, they set out to be a household name by BOMBARDING everyone with their free trials.

I'd rather trust a company that made a name for itself by creating good software(google) than a company that made it's name by pasting CDs on every cereal box, newspaper, mailbox, and FAST FOOD PACKAGE(yes, I got one of a fast food package).
intel17
What from a Fast food Rolling Eyes

lol, I think i shall stick with Gmail Very Happy
quartz
Its so many free mail services now. Maybe some is better than gmail, but i cant change my mail every month. I'll stay with gmail
intel17
Y ea I know what you mean, there are quite a fhew 'good' web based email suppliers that it can sometimes be hard to find one. I mainly just use one e-mail but i know people who have got around 10 and used them all Rolling Eyes
gonzo
silvermesh wrote:
the major flaw in this is that it's run by aol.

No, that's the major plus: it's run by not-gmail.

Quote:
I'd rather trust a company that made a name for itself by creating good software(google)

MCI made a name for themsevles with a good network. You shouldn't trust them either.

http://www.gmail-is-too-creepy.com.nyud.net:8090/

Quote:
A new California law, the Online Privacy Protection Act, went into effect on July 1, 2004. Google changed their main privacy policy that same day because the previous version sidestepped important issues and might have been illegal. For the first time in Google's history, the language in their new policy made it clear that they will be pooling all the information they collect on you from all of their various services. Moreover, they may keep this information indefinitely, and give this information to whomever they wish

After 180 days in the U.S., email messages lose their status as a protected communication under the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, and become just another database record. This means that a subpoena instead of a warrant is all that's needed to force Google to produce a copy. Other countries may even lack this basic protection, and Google's databases are distributed all over the world. Since the Patriot Act was passed, it's unclear whether this ECPA protection is worth much anymore in the U.S., or whether it even applies to email that originates from non-citizens in other countries.

Google's relationships with government officials in all of the dozens of countries where they operate are a mystery, because Google never makes any statements about this. But here's a clue: Google uses the term "governmental request" three times on their terms-of-use page and once on their privacy page. Google's language means that all Gmail account holders have consented to allow Google to show any and all email in their Gmail accounts to any official from any government whatsoever, even when the request is informal or extralegal, at Google's sole discretion. Why should we send email to Gmail accounts under such draconian conditions?

PatTheGreat42
But Gmail is better because its... Google.

Good God I love Google. Google IS God.
gonzo
PatTheGreat42 wrote:
Good God I love Google. Google IS God.

And being google they ALREADY know everything you've ever expressed via google. I can't wait until it becomes a crime to speak a word against google.