FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cannot login to opencart admin after moving from localhost

miteY
I just uploaded an opencart website that I have been working on locally via filezilla. After uploading, I edited the config.php and admin>config.php to reflect the new directory structure.

The store front is working fine, but the admin side is not logging in.

The first time the admin login page loads, it shows 'Invalid token session. Please login again' Then when I try to login, the page reloads and nothing happens.

I believe the problem is with the session.save_path. Please any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks
GuidanceReader
Wouldn't this be better posted in the Open Cart forums?

Without being able to see your files, I am not entirely sure what the problem would be. Have you double checked your route paths in your config file?
miteY
I don't think so because the frontend works fine.

I have searched the opencart forum and tried most of what was suggested there. None worked. Most ended with contact your host for more help Sad
johans
any error when you attempt to login? what is your open cart version?
miteY
^^^^On initial load of login screen, I get this error "Invalid token session. Please login again"

After I enter the password, the page just reloads without logging in and without any errors whatsoever.

Many forum threads I have seen on the issue suggest that I should add the following code to the php.ini.
Code:
session.save_path = /tmp;
But it's not working either.

They also suggest that I ask my host how to save the session path. Does anybody know how to do that?

Thanks!
miteY
Please anybody?
johans
still you did not manage to solved it?

If you need my personal help just PM me.
miteY
^^^^ No offense, but I will prefer if you can post a solution here. Moreover, other users who have the same problem can benefit from it.

Thanks.