FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fable 2 - An oldie

biolu
Hello everyone, I just started Fable 2 (I know it's quite old).
I am a bit disappointed after all the rufus I heard about it years ago, about how your course of action influence the game.
Well I find it globally very straight forward, it's definitely a good beat'em'up, but not the marvellous and ultimate game lot of people and magazines told about...
rx9876
biolu wrote:
Hello everyone, I just started Fable 2 (I know it's quite old).
I am a bit disappointed after all the rufus I heard about it years ago, about how your course of action influence the game.
Well I find it globally very straight forward, it's definitely a good beat'em'up, but not the marvellous and ultimate game lot of people and magazines told about...

You're right.
I played Fable 1 and 2 several years ago, but never have the motivation to finish them.
The idea about how player affects the game is good,
but what it implemented does not impress me enough.
Many other RPG implements this concept,
but they didn't implement it to so many NPCs like Fable series and brag it.
SpaceInvader75
Well, I really like the first one. I'm not really sure what happened after that. To be honest, I haven't played Fable 2 enough to give it a fair chance. But I was rather disappointed in Fable 3.

Now, it could just be a matter of opinion, but in my opinion Fable 3 (and 2, I think) doesn't really have the elements that make RPGs the most fun. For example, I beat the main quest in a few days. And in addition to that, I can't go back and start a different class (like I can in Oblivion, or Dragon Age, to name some examples).

The point could be made that Fable is an easy RPG to get started with, but I would say if you like RPGs you should graduate to other more advanced ones. Again the first one was pretty fun.